Copod

Hi there,
Here is my game Copod!
Survive and fight your way through a strange place against strange creatures! Has roguelike elements and written in Scala.

[video]- YouTube

Download it here

Website

IndieDB

Twitter

Blog

15 Likes

Wow. I love the aesthetic, great work.

pretty fun :slight_smile:

This was made with JME??

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

@InShadow said: This was made with JME??

Very much so. Jme3 has been very useful at handling OpenGL and supplying me with loads of other convenient functions (OpenAL, the math library, etc). Google’s Guava library has helped me out too. It may look different to other Jme3 games since I’m doing things in a rather unconventional way; I’m not using any lighting since everything is an Unshaded.j3md material and I’m not using nifty.

Wonderful. I like the graphics style a lot!

Love the way this looks =)

Is it Android runnable? Or desktop only?

Its on desktop only since that is where I have experience and the whole control system has been designed with the mouse in mind.

It’s wonderful! :slight_smile:

Wow really nice game, and quite cute grafic.

New version 0.2.9a is out now.

Download the latest version here.

Changes in v0.9.2

• Added Copod icons for mac osx dock and windows
  • Added new enemy creature with an exceedingly long tongue
  • Totally new camera transition animation to make it clearer which direction you are travelling in
  • Added new sound effects for power usage, gui prompts and laser attacks
  • Fixed sleep visual effect from initially being visible at the origin (0, 0, 0)
  • Window name on mac now says “Copod” rather than “Game”

Here is a little preview of the new enemy:

Changes in v0.2.8a

• Added new beam effect to make connections between enemies and shields more obvious
  • Revamped UI to show a powers effects if they are too subtle
  • You can’t use powers in situations where they are ineffective. Hints given to what is needed
  • Reworked 360 pad controls so you don’t need to hold down the “a” button in order to move
  • Made the shooting creatures a little easier to deal with
  • In certain circumstances, you can now hold multiple powers of the same type. There is a new power that effects the quantity of powers
  • Added 6 new powers, bringing the current total to 21
  • Added new cave trap type that can appear in levels
  • The size of the Copod now effects more powers
  • Slightly reduced the cost of some evolutions
  • New enemy that fires a laser
  • Follower eggs now spawn with a shield and now need to be dashed into in order to open them
3 Likes

Pretty cool! For some reason this is the first time I notice this post.

Very nice.

Planning on selling this somewhere? I do hope so.

Thank you!

I’m in the process of acquiring a humble bundle widget, so I’m planning to sell it via that initially.

Pretty cool man! The soundtracks are awesome. :smiley: Good luck.

I’m repeatedly blown away by the aesthetic you’ve created. I think it’s safe to say this is the most artistic jME3 game out there.

@benmitchellperry said: I'm in the process of acquiring a humble bundle widget, so I'm planning to sell it via that initially.
I know what Humble Bundles are, but what's a "Humble Bundle Widget"?
1 Like

Wow, I’m very impressed. This game have THE thing that makes you stick to it…brilliant really

Glad to hear you like it!

The Humble Bundle widget allows people to buy your game through humble bundle. You can see the widget for VVVVVV here. Its a nice convenient way for developers to sell their game since they don’t have to worry about the back-end. It also allows developers to give out free keys.

Humble Bundle Widget FAQ

If you’ve got a game and you want a humble bundle widget, fill in the form here. The process takes about two weeks.

@benmitchellperry said: Glad to hear you like it!

The Humble Bundle widget allows people to buy your game through humble bundle. You can see the widget for VVVVVV here. Its a nice convenient way for developers to sell their game since they don’t have to worry about the back-end. It also allows developers to give out free keys.

Humble Bundle Widget FAQ

If you’ve got a game and you want a humble bundle widget, fill in the form here. The process takes about two weeks.

Don’t mean to derail the topic but on the topic of getting paid, look into Stripe. It is free. It even has a Java API. Embedding it on your website is just a simple Javascript file. Granted you don’t get the marketing you would probably get posting it on the HumbleBundle site but there are also other ways of publishing indie games.

Hmm, that looks pretty good. I think humble bundle widget is the best bet for me right now since people are familiar with it and trust the brand. Stripe also seems to just handle purchasing, while humble bundle also handles the distribution of your game.

Here are the latest changes found in the new Greenlight build.

• Added 10 new variants on existing enemy
  • Added feedback when you don’t have enough souls
  • Added prompt to make it more obvious that you get a new power for killing enemies
  • Fixed a crash caused by dying in the same place as your mate
  • Changed use power sfx to differentiate it more from upgrade sfx
  • Redesigned some enemies (such as the red dashing one)

Working on the new enemy variations was the hardest change, but it should make the game a lot more interesting.

[video]- YouTube
I’ve also made a new trailer!

You can see the new design above.

You can get the latest alpha here.

And here is my new Greenlight page!

1 Like