Could not locate OpenAL library / Device is suspended

Hi,

I’m trying to make a simple game as a practice for a bigger project. Thank goodness I have done that, because I’ve run into a problem.

When I try to build the project, utilising sound, I get this error (the only one):

Code:
AL lib: pulse_open_playback: Device is suspended AL lib: pulse_open_playback: Device is suspended Feb 14, 2012 8:37:08 PM com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer initInThread SEVERE: Failed to load audio library org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library. at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:151) at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:102) at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:201) at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initInThread(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:146) at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.run(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:106) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

I'm totally puzzled. There are symlinks to libopenal.so (which in turn links to libopenal.so.1.13.0, located in /usr/local/lib) in the dist and dist/lib folders, LWJGL is seperately installed, OpenAL is built from source, etc., etc...

To me, this is just one big mystery.

To come to the point: why do I get this error and how can I solve it?

jME3 uses its own library for OpenAL, it doesn’t really expect to be using the system provided one. From what I see in the error, its a driver issue and there’s nothing we can do about it.

Too bad…

I’ll go after it on my system.

Still thanks for the help!

The problem is solved!

The music suddenly started to play after I installed some updates via apt-get. libc6 was updated to 2.11.3-3; maybe that fixed it.

Anyway, I have sound! Yay!