Crash On Build BitMap Issues?

Hi there,

Having a crash on my application. I can’t imagine what the issue is as I’ve used the same process as I would my previous applications. The error seems to relate to geometry and a bitmap. I am using a bitmap font but I have done this before with no issues. I’m using unshaded materials with an image as a texture key.

The game works fine on desktop, but on the android debug it will crash on start.

Anyone got any clues to what could be happening?

W/dalvikvm( 9391): threadid=11: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x411552a0)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): SEVERE Exception thrown in Thread[GLThread 4886,5,main]
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: An OpenGL error has occurred: invalid value
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.android.RendererUtil.checkGLError(RendererUtil.java:125)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.android.TextureUtil.uploadBitmapAsCompressed(TextureUtil.java:165)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.android.TextureUtil.uploadTextureBitmap(TextureUtil.java:202)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.android.TextureUtil.uploadTextureBitmap(TextureUtil.java:183)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.android.TextureUtil.uploadTextureAny(TextureUtil.java:238)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.android.OGLESShaderRenderer.updateTexImageData(OGLESShaderRenderer.java:1745)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.android.OGLESShaderRenderer.setTexture(OGLESShaderRenderer.java:1758)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.material.MatParamTexture.apply(MatParamTexture.java:86)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.material.Material.render(Material.java:1088)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderGeometry(RenderManager.java:523)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.queue.RenderQueue.renderGeometryList(RenderQueue.java:322)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.queue.RenderQueue.renderQueue(RenderQueue.java:374)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPortQueues(RenderManager.java:763)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.flushQueue(RenderManager.java:719)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:983)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1029)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:252)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness.update(AndroidHarness.java:467)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at com.jme3.system.android.OGLESContext.onDrawFrame(OGLESContext.java:349)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1516)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1240)
E/com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness( 9391):

Hm is the bitmaps font image 2^x sized, wich resolution does it have? Cause it says that the uploading texture is invalid. (Aka not understood by the device)

@Empire Phoenix

I completely removed the class that would have displayed the bitmap font and still got the error. It’s talking about geometry as well but I simply use a texture key image.

I used the same method as I have previously for making materials and applying textures. The only difference in this case is I am using a sphere.

I assume you have verifyed, that a plain quad with a texture works?
Does the jme3 demo application in the goolge store work on your device?