Customizing SimpleGame

I am writing my own version of SimpleGame (not called that) for a game I am starting on. My question is in all the examples, we override simplegame and if we need to change the input, mouse, etc we do that in the child class. Is it bad design to implement these things in my own SimpleGame class? Or should I keep that stuff in the child class? Does it matter?

I don’t think it’s bad design. In fact I think its more complicated to try and put everything in a child class nbecause so much is abstracted away its easy to remember what gets done where. A while back I asked about a good way to move from using simpleGame. Renase said making your own simpleGame (Starting by just copying the current one) is a great way to go about it.

So in conclusion I dont think it’s bad. Maybe some other people will have other opinions though.

"shochu" wrote:
I don't think it's bad design. In fact I think its more complicated to try and put everything in a child class nbecause so much is abstracted away its easy to remember what gets done where. A while back I asked about a good way to move from using simpleGame. Renase said making your own simpleGame (Starting by just copying the current one) is a great way to go about it.

So in conclusion I dont think it's bad. Maybe some other people will have other opinions though.

Thanks. That's pretty much how I started. I used the Starter guide and copied the entire simplegame class then read through to find out what everthing did. Now I just need to go through it and make it do what I need my game to do.

Thanks.