CVS Check-in March 6th 2007

Made a CVS check-in today.



Includes:


  1. Removal of lots of javadoc warnings.
  2. Addition of Sound System
  3. Some COLLADA clean-up (extra plugin system)
  4. Ability to attach user data to Spatials with the UserDataManager.



    Let me know if the build is broken (had to be selective about what could be checked in).

Bwahahahaha!  :smiley:

Is broken.



Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id

TextureKeyframeController cannot be resolved to a type jMonkeyEngine/src/com/jmex/model/collada ColladaImporter.java line 398 1173197333062 11580

TextureKeyframeController cannot be resolved to a type jMonkeyEngine/src/com/jmex/model/collada ColladaImporter.java line 402 1173197333062 11581

TextureKeyframeController cannot be resolved to a type jMonkeyEngine/src/com/jmex/model/collada ColladaImporter.java line 3041 1173197333062 11582

TextureKeyframeController cannot be resolved to a type jMonkeyEngine/src/com/jmex/model/collada ColladaImporter.java line 3047 1173197333062 11583

The import com.jme.animation.TextureKeyframeController cannot be resolved jMonkeyEngine/src/com/jmex/model/collada ColladaImporter.java line 52 1173197333062 11579



Sor

Fixing now…

update and try again.

Updated. Tried. Compiled. No errors. :smiley:



Cheers,

Sor

if a whole community could applause over a forum, i bet it would right now…great stuff

APPLAUSE !  8)

Very appreciated. Thanks a lot guys (and many thanks to your employer too).

I took a quick look on TextureKeyFrameAnimator, but I didn't figured out how to use only translation/rotation/scale to "slice" the texture frames to fit them in the geometry.

Maybe a deep study gives me the answer.

Anyway, I've done a texture animator and maybe the code is useful for you. It changes the UV coords for every frame.



code — http://rafb.net/p/fDozef69.html

example –  http://rafb.net/p/6JyIbS30.html



Sorry for the all-in-one paste, but I've tno free time. Maybe someone can improve it for own use. But let me know about the improvements.



Btw, nice commit. It solved the bounding problem in spheres – calcWelzl.

Gaheris said:

many thanks to your employer too


That's a good idea....lets plan a road-trip to ncSoft to thank them in person.  :P

thanks guys :slight_smile:

Great work! :slight_smile:



As I was merging I noticed a whoops in Matrix4f. I think the method "void add(Matrix4f mat)" was supposed to be "Matrix4f add(Matrix4f mat)" and return the result variable.



Just wanted to post it before I forgot…continuing with my merge :wink:

You are correct, fixing this locally and will commit soon. Thanks for catching that.

Should Node.getVertexCount() and getTriangleCount() not check each child's spatial type before summing in their counts? This way all spatials that override or implement getVertexCount will be included in the totals. I guess this is more of a preventative measure than a bug, in case new Spatial types go in and these methods aren't updated.



Current code:


    @Override
    public int getVertexCount() {
        int count = 0;
        if(children != null) {
            for(int i = 0; i < children.size(); i++) {
                Spatial spat = children.get(i);
                if ((spat.getType() & SceneElement.NODE) != 0)
                    count += ((Node)spat).getVertexCount();
                else if ((spat.getType() & SceneElement.TRIMESH) != 0)
                    count += ((TriMesh)spat).getVertexCount();
            }
        }
       
        return count;
    }




Possible new code:


    @Override
    public int getVertexCount() {
        int count = 0;
        if(children != null) {
            for (Spatial child : children) {
                count += child.getVertexCount();
            }
        }
       
        return count;
    }

Good point, that was one of the reasons for making the naming consistent, just didn't see it all the way through. Will make that change.



Thanks again.

Node and Matrix4f checked in.

Seems BoneAnimation in CVS won't compile, a few new classes and some changes must've missed the check-in.



Missing classes:

AnimationEvent

AnimationEventManager



BoneTransform method signature changes, these methods don't exist anymore:

setCurrentFrame(int, float)

update(int, int, int, float, float)



I reverted to version 1.5 of BoneAnimation for now, and the compiler errors go away.






ah, crap… I shouldn't have checked that in.

Please update and confirm that is the correct version.