[dead] [allware] JPS (fuit jupiter)

}:-@ I'll start playing with jmp very soon  }:-@

I’ve finally found a suitable UI configuration.

Big 3D main screen, smaller control screen on the left. The greenish area highlights the “available control panels” menu . Maybe green isn’t the best color, i’ll change it if I find something better.

A short (and very fast) video.

video (java applet)

I have a roadmap for the 1.0 version.

add/remove/edit lights (1 day)

add models dropping engine-supported model files into the 3d screen (1 day)

move/remove/clone/scale/rotate models with arrow/circle cursors and ui controls (3 days)

associate custom properties with models (1 day)

load/save current “document” (2 days)

export data in engine-loadable format (3 days)

Simple and reliable.

You might be interested, if you aren't familiar with it already, in checking out the panels that show up on the right side of Maya.  There's 2 or 3 different ones available and is [in my opinion] a very good example of what to do and what not to do at the same time.  The individual panels are laid out very thoughtfully but are extremely annoying to navigate between.

In any event, looking good  :smiley:

That's an interesting point.

I didn't check maya but i replaced the drop down menu with a sorted list where items are sorted according to the frequency of use minus a time threshold (so an item that has been used a lot 10 minutes ago will be replaced by an item that has been used less times but more recently).

Having three items that might be a bit excessive but, in theory, with a lot of items, the principle of locality could help a little.

Model importer.

http://www.tukano.it/videos/modelimport.html

Long live drag and drop!

Slowly progressing toward the first playable…

A deployment test. It's an applet (I love applets).

http://www.tukano.it/jps/applet/jps.html

Loading may take a while - 12 mb - but it works… here (Ubuntu 10.4 32 bit). The program itself is not yet complete. What is supposed to work is adding models (drag and drop of 3ds-obj-ogrexml files from filesystem), rotate-scale-translate-add property, and save and load in "jps" format (xml) with some quirks (the ui says "I'm gonna erase everything" but it doesn't yet). There is a light panel but is not yet bound to the engine.

To move the camera, select the "camera controller" control and press the mouse on the 3d screen (left button to move, right button to rotate).