(December 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

In the midst of an unscheduled-but-well-needed contract-funding-related vacation so I’m working on Mythruna. Adding some debug app state stuff to it to track down physics issues:

Here was see spamming all of the contacts to figure out why I go bouncing down a hall when I jump. So far I don’t see any offending contacts but I need to turn off depth test to be sure.

…problem could be somewhere else, though.

Anyway, progress is progress.

16 Likes

You know that mythruna was the reason of me using Jmonkey in the first place. It was a really good exemple.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s nice to get time to work on it again.

1 Like

Paul the debug app state ( on top right of screen) is different from StatsAppState of jme , may i ask which debug appstate you are using exactly ? is it available in JME ?

It’s my own and I have several in this particular game. It’s not available in JME.

You can get similar from the sim-eth examples, though. There is a HUD app state that let’s you easily place things in different parts of the screen and fill them with what you like. Mythruna is using something very similar (not a coincidence).

1 Like

You could use a custom compound instead of a capsule (It seems the capsule is a bit buggy). You can also trick the camera (however, this is not always a valid solution).

1 Like

Yes good idea. I will add a memory state.

There is one here @pspeed prepared earlier that is a good example of a debug state. I find using Lemur BaseAppState more convenient too. Pauls demo apps really show you how to use the engine ‘as-per-documentation’ and I recommend his simisilica repo as a good read in general.

1 Like

Yeah, it was convenient enough that we incorporated it into JME core… so you technically don’t have to use Lemur’s anymore.

The one change in usage is that the overridable enable() and disable() methods are now onEnable() and onDisable() because it was confusing some folks, I guess. (even though we didn’t rename initialize and cleanup to onInitialze() and onCleanup().)

I really should incorporate some standard debug and HUD states into SiO2. The way I did it in sim-eth makes it easy to add/remove debug indicators to the HUD so they could all be self-contained.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I add it to sim-eth-es example debug package.
I did not know about Runtime class in Java. It’s cool :slight_smile:

Hahah… four day bug hunt in my physics engine is over and I even understand why it was broken and learned some things in the process. And it wasn’t actually a bug in the physics engine, either. Whee.

Turns out if you set friction negative for some contact then you are going to have a bad time.

O.o Adding assert to own physicobject component

For no reason I started working on a new game project, and accidentally decided I needed a Plasticine Material / Shader. Very early still but promising, my vector math let me down so there are odd shiny artefacts at extreme angles… for now. The model is a bit ass up atm, not important …

same thing, standard unshaded material for comparison ::

zoomin for those who are bored ::

:scorpion: :confetti_ball:

14 Likes

Bit too shiney, it’s really hard to clamp the spec down, and the light gets blown out a bit, but progress ::

:tanabata_tree::doughnut:

9 Likes

Looks like he is sweating :sweat_smile: Yet, your PBR materials look better than mine!

Screenshot from my current project. I thought it looked good

6 Likes

Oh, I am so happy!
I was working on the HUD and wanted to finally link my player info on the server with the HUD. So I’ve started to work on the SpiderMonkey API to get everything working but failed because of something i had done in the past with the npcs management class…

Then I’ve decided to remove the problem i had made and redone the whole NPCs class witch turn to be a cpu resource drain/blockage(It was synchronizing the position of the npcs to be frank it was stupid) and it was blocking the whole main thread… causing unwanted freeze sometime and fps drop of a giant 60%… haha

SO it turn out it was one of the many bug i had introduce in the game…

11 Likes

We decided to add more colors to Skullstone. Having torches on walls is a bit boring, so we made those crystals. We have plans to add something more.

16 Likes

what a tool do you use for making a scene?