Seeing how people were still posting in the November WIP thread in December (blasphemy!), I’ll start this one off with something jME-unrelated (more blasphemy!)
About a year ago, I tried to make a game on my graphical calculator (a casio fx9860gii, with a resolution of 128x64 pixels and 512kB ram).
I started with CASIO Basic (there’s a program to edit that on the calculator itself, but it was slow and unreliable. I then tried to port it to C, and it worked!
After several refactors, I created a game engine (or game library, it’s not very extensive) for this graphical calculator.
The next thing I did was create a zelda clone, named ‘zoldo’.
The maps for this game are created in Tiled, and I wrote a compiler to convert them into smaller files, which I can read on the calculator.
Here’s a screenshot (literally) of the current state of the game:
I also had fun with memory corruptions in the emulator:
red = debug pixels
blue/green = player
orange = enemy, follows you
purple = enemy, flees from you
And here’s how I create maps in Tiled:
All in all, it’s a fun project and I learned a lot from it, but using jME on a PC is much easier.