(December 2018) Monthly WIP & Screenshot thread

There are a lot of Lancias tips, but I already used Lancia Deltas shapes on Car1 with modifed rear end. This car is from Eastern Europe, made in Poland, famous as FSO Polonez - Borewicz built on Fiat 125s platform - the hint.
Not a powerful, usual with 1500cc engine and 74hp, but also few special pieces of 3-door version with 2.0l turbo engine making 188hp back in 1984. I first saw this car in a magazine and I very like its boxy shapes. Yet, I have to make some nice “period-correct” wheels for it.

Well, I will prepare something easier for next round :smiley:
Thank you for guessing! I guess it’s fun :smile:

Car1

FSO Polonez

That’s what I thought, too, when I first saw it “alfa”.

1 Like

This game is fun! My turn, can you name this national monument? :

6 Likes

Which nation? :wink:

I think it’s pretty obvious, no hints.

Pssh the great pyramid of giza from the top down, obviously. Find something harder.

1 Like

nope, its take from ground level

The… borg cube of islam? Not sure what it’s actually called.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Kabaa.jpg

It’s a monument to the first ever Sudoku puzzle that was only one cell. They’ve gotten considerably more advanced since then but all puzzles have to start somewhere… :wink:

1 Like

waaay off

place the numbers 1 to 9 in all the empty cells, one per cell…

No, no, no… it started off as only one number. Just like the slightly more modern 2x3 sub-block sudokus only use 1-6.

before the thread gets completely full of my garbage, I googled a 1px image, and am yet to decide the answer…

1 Like

Well hurry up and decide then, so we can take a crack at this for real. :smile:

It is Kindilfresser, the Child Eater of Bern.

but most of you already figured that out

2 Likes

You could be forgive for getting it confused with

The Big Poo
https://assets.atlasobscura.com/media/W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL2QzZjNiMzRhZTMwNzUxYWI4ZWM3YTc1MGNmZmQ5MDgzNzQ5NWZlMjguanBnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCJ4MzkwPiJdLFsicCIsImNvbnZlcnQiLCItcXVhbGl0eSA4MSAtYXV0by1vcmllbnQiXV0/d3f3b34ae30751ab8ec7a750cffd90837495fe28.jpg

or
The Bronz Fonz

In before the end of the month, another progress video:

In this we see examples of world modification at runtime, done on the ‘server’ and transmitted to the clients. The physics world mesh gets updated, etc… which is why the balls/chair fall into the hole (and keep falling as it gets deeper).

The pink + blue blocks you see are calibration blocks. Blue being manually added to the scene at a certain known position and pink being part of the actual world. There were quite a few off by one errors due to various refactorings and this is how I tracked them all down.

So while all of the things in this demo may seem simplistic each one was to test a problem along the way. I’m happy to be this far now.

9 Likes

Can we see some dirty chair on char scissor action? Nothing like watching 2 concave hulls attack each other

1 Like

When you think you will be working on large object network layers and instead will spend a few days (probably) debugging your physics engine…

8 Likes

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary, isn’t that pretty much what a physics engine is supposed to do?

3 Likes