Deferred Rendering (Lighting)2

As far i remember: it is not possible to make such deep changes as drop in replacement. at the very least you have to replace all materials used.

i think all gbuffer techniques implemented in jme where loosing the ability to have single object lighted.

I have not implemented shadowing.

More advanced game specific rendering techniques have the need for additional gbuffer data. also in such cases a common library is harder to design.

As far i remember getting a simple deferred lighting system to work was fairly simple without any core modifications.

There are at least 3 completely different pipeline approaches each with pros and cons.

In my technique it was not possible to use per object light equations. in a pbr env. probably not a big problem.

transparency is still a issue, eighter you still use forward rendering on those or you would have to implemet more complicated techniques.

all in all i it was simple to add the required features for my special need easily and i have by far not the knowledge on how to implement a general purpose solution

the thread regaring yadef:Yadef, Yet Another DEFerred renderer

1. time flies
5 Likes