Delete Textures

Hey, thanks for the answers:
@pspeed: My problem is that the garbage collection starts after a while, when the GPU memory is full. The garbage collection process is very costly and makes my application lag. So, at the cost of a genreally lower frame rate, I would like to prevent garbage collection by removing textures from the cpu right after the accoding object has been culled or removed from the sceneNode

@okelly4408: Ill give it a try, although I sam not sure, if this simply frees the texture for garbage collection, but still leaves it in the GPU memory, filling it up, until garbage collection starts … but ill know more when I tried :slight_smile:

@paulhoepner said: Hey, thanks for the answers: @pspeed: My problem is that the garbage collection starts after a while, when the GPU memory is full. The garbage collection process is very costly and makes my application lag. So, at the cost of a genreally lower frame rate, I would like to prevent garbage collection by removing textures from the cpu right after the accoding object has been culled or removed from the sceneNode

@okelly4408: Ill give it a try, although I sam not sure, if this simply frees the texture for garbage collection, but still leaves it in the GPU memory, filling it up, until garbage collection starts … but ill know more when I tried :slight_smile:

I had a very similar problem a while ago and that fixed it.