Demo webstart dosn't work

Hello,

i've try to run all the .jnpl demos on my kubuntu 9.10 64bit, but they don't work. I've used javaws from terminal (using as JVM openJDK and also sun jdk) but no error  :? sometimes a windows is visible but it close immediately, more test coming soon^^

edit: javaws download the jme jars, then the "sometimes visible" window appear and close

riedit: tested water apps on ubuntu 9.10 32bit (only openjdk), it can't find height file (height.raw). also tested particles demo and run without problem. I haven't done other test because the machine is an eeepc and is slow (but still do 40/50 fps with 900mhz and no 3dgraphics acceleration^^)and sometimes lwjgl get X error serial 1663 and crash the applet at initialization.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Problems have been brought up before about some of the demos.  They do indeed need to be updated.  Unfortunately many of us have been very busy, so the ‘movies and demos’ as well as ‘screenshots’ pages need some updating.

The quickest way to have a look at what the engine has to offer is to set it up in your IDE and run the applications in the jmetest package (jmetest.TestChooser.java allows you to select any that you like)

For Eclipse: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php/setting_up_eclipse_to_build_jme_2

For Netbeans: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php/setting_up_netbeans_6.7_for_jme_svn

If you like what you see, this page is kind of a path to jME enlightenment…  And of course, if you have any troubles or curiosities, the forums are active with some helpful folk :slight_smile:

Thanks for your startup help (ehm i’m using jme from 2 weeks ago^^, see my other post http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/forum/index.php?topic=12949.0)

I’ve updated my first post with some other test on a eeepc. I’m a little scared, is jnpl ok with 64 bit system? someone have made it work?? the strange think is that on eeepc when crash it report the trace, debug info ecc… in the 64 bit system(linux) it simply crash when have to show GameSettingsPanel without any error… :-o

So you wasnt able to start a single jnlp? Hmm,…maybe a driver problem. Make (somehow)

sure that the graphics-driver is uptodate.

As far as I know as soon as you start a webstart-program there is a .java (?) or similar directory in your user's home-directory. And inside something like deploy. There are some log-files you could post here so we could have a better look on what is going on…

(Maybe you have to activate that behavior. Look at system or similar. There should be something like a a java-control and there in extendend (or similiar) you can activate logging/debugging…)

Sry…for that very much "I think"s but I'm on windows right now and not  soo familiar with linux.

it can't find height file (height.raw)

This bug is fixed in the current trunk, the webstart demos use an older version.

@ ttrocha: on linux 32 bit the jpnl works fine, only the water demo wasn't starting but fixed as Core-Dump say. XD

The problems are with 64bit linux so: the test svn version works fine if run in eclipse, but all the jpnl doesn't

i've run all the jnpl from terminal, and all returned the same exception:

# javaws renderer.TestShadowPass.jnlp                      
8-gen-2010 17.58.10 com.jme.scene.Node <init>                                         
INFO: Node created.                                                                   
8-gen-2010 17.58.11 com.jme.app.BaseGame start                                        
INFO: Application started.                                                            
8-gen-2010 17.58.11 com.jme.system.PropertiesIO <init>                                
INFO: PropertiesIO created                                                            
8-gen-2010 17.58.11 com.jme.system.PropertiesIO load                                  
AVVERTENZA: Could not load properties. Creating a new one.                            
8-gen-2010 17.58.11 class jmetest.renderer.TestShadowPass start()                     
GRAVE: Exception in game loop                                                         
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path                         
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1678)                   
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)                           
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1047)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:75)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:68)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:84)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:101)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:111)
        at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLPropertiesDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.app.AbstractGame.getAttributes(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)
        at jmetest.renderer.TestShadowPass.main(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher.launchApplication(Launcher.java:439)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher$TgThread.run(Launcher.java:714)
8-gen-2010 17.58.11 com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame cleanup
INFO: Cleaning up resources.
8-gen-2010 17.58.11 com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem <init>
INFO: LWJGL Display System created.
8-gen-2010 17.58.11 com.jme.app.BaseGame start
INFO: Application ending.

does Web Start works windows 32/64 bit? and 32/64 bit & cocoa/carbon mac?

@ jnlp makers: sign me as alpha/beta tester for the new jpnl, i've got 32 bit xp, 32 bit ubuntu, 64 bit win 7, 64 bit kubuntu, and planning 32 bit fedora. also 32 bit win xp and ubuntu on eeepc (sometimes eeepc cast lwlgl exception, when i'll work on it i will open a new thread for this)