Developers for Odejava <--> JME integration

Are there any volunteers for joining to Odejava’s developer list? There exists already odejava-jme directory which is waiting helper classes and jme demos using Odejava classes. I will eventually write some demos using jme and latest Odejava but it can take some time.

I’d be willing to help out some, but it’s a matter of time. I’d also like jME wrapping’s for odejava. (That is, go the other way) make it easy to use odejava from jME. When time will allow me to think about this, I’m not sure.

"mojomonk" wrote:
I'd be willing to help out some, but it's a matter of time. I'd also like jME wrapping's for odejava. (That is, go the other way) make it easy to use odejava from jME. When time will allow me to think about this, I'm not sure.

If anyone needs an physics engine for jME, please see this thread:
http://www.javagaming.org/cgi-bin/JGNetForums/YaBB.cgi?board=physics;action=display;num=1080816410

It's very easy to attach any 3d renderer / scenegraph library to Odejava.

In case of any questions, shoot them out.

What’s the current state of Odejava wrt jME(3)? Love to see these 2 working together.

Dead, jme has a very good jbullet / native bullet system however.

no idea, but i think you probably broke the record for the oldest thread revival in jME history

3 Likes
@EmpirePhoenix said:
Dead, jme has a very good jbullet / native bullet system however.

That's too bad. jbullet does looks great for game development, but Odejava was pretty powerful too.
Specifically, I am after the forces/torques applied by joints, which jbullet does not seem to give access to, but which Odejava did. So I keep searching for the right physics engine, or hoping jbullet will some day add such methods...

@wezrule said:
no idea, but i think you probably broke the record for the oldest thread revival in jME history

o/ Yeah, I saw that! :D

@Normen: is it possible to access the forces/torques applied by joints in bullet?

well you can get the torque, as i see it:

http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3091

(so if this is what you are looking for worst case is the need to add a small wrapper patch, thiss houldn’t be that hard)

Applied by joints? The SixDofJoint has a motor where you can get the accumulated impulse.

The link Empire Phoenix suggested provides a way for me to apply a torque to the joint. I don’t want to do that.

What I want, as normen says, is the force applied BY (not to) joints.

For example, if a joint connects ground to a hanging mass (or chain of masses), what is the force seen at that joint? For now I think translational will be enough, but rotational may come in later.

Accumulated impulse seems promising, and I am trying to make use of that. Cheers!

@JaniLaakso said:
Are there any volunteers for joining to Odejava's developer list? There exists already odejava-jme directory which is waiting helper classes and jme demos using Odejava classes. I will eventually write some demos using jme and latest Odejava but it can take some time.

Id be willing to help.

cough said 8 years, 5 months ago:

1 Like
@fred50 said:
Id be willing to help.

1 Like