[devlog] jme3 as blender renderer

I found the issues, but not yet fully corrected :

• int/float precision issue in bone weight – FIXED
  • missing the last frame/state in animation (main cause of the Jaime with big hand) – FIXED
  • constraints (IK, copy,…) and other modifiers not fully applied on bones – will try an other (heavier) approach like suggested by @nehon, and @Momoko_Fan

Thanks for your interest

bone animations fixed:

the blender addon sample animations of bone on “export” or when you switch viewport to “rendered”. The sampling is done by replaying every action’strips from every nla_track from every object.

I need help to test and find bugs, contact me if you’re interested.

4 Likes

Cool nice work!!
What was the issue?

I have plenty of models to test against :wink:

Thanks, the main issues are listed in previous post, but don’t worry I’ve a lot of other issue.

I currently try TestJaime with xbuf vs .j3o and new issue pop (mainly a Y translation variation).

I’ll prepare (package the addon, upload jars, write/update docs and share TestJaime as a standalone), so you should be able to give a try with your model. The workflow is as friendly as I whish (blender freeze when create data). Anyway, I need feedback to improve.

Really great work :slight_smile:

To give it a try :

On jME side, you have 2 options :

1. use the ModelViewer from jme3_ext_assettools, I’m uploading standalone version in releases section.
  • run it
  • render viewport
  • use spatial explorer to deal with scene (no auto-refresh)
  1. use AppState4RemoteCommand with your application (you can also add Spatial Explorer)
  • add dependencies
repositories {
    mavenLocal()
    jcenter()
    maven { url "http://updates.jmonkeyengine.org/maven/"}
    maven { url "http://dl.bintray.com/jmonkeyengine/contrib" }
}
dependencies {
    compile 'net.alchim31.jme3:jme3_ext_remote_editor:0.2+'
}
  • attach the AppState4RemoteCommand to your Application

I you only want to use the loader for xbuf, Currently you have to net.alchim31.jme3:jme3_ext_remote_editor:0.2+ and exclude dependencies to io.netty:netty-handler

Contact me about any issues, comments,… I’ll try to reply ASAP.

Thanks and Good Luck :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I share on github a small project where I load Jaime.j3o (from test-data) and the Jaime.xbuf (created today) from the .blend in Jaime.zip

project (includes all assets,… ~ 10 MB) : xbuf_jaime

a short video to compare and see issues :

left: xbuf / right: j3o

you can launch animation on jme side, by selecting animation (strip) on NLA Editor

I upload the latest version :

and bintray for jar

3 Likes

So I’m finally giving it a try.
I have this issue on widows with blender 2.74 (same error on 2.72)

on 2.68 i have

Aand that kind of prevented me of testing further :stuck_out_tongue:

What blender version do you use? Or maybe I need a more recent python installed (I have 2.6)?

Do you download from Releases · xbuf/blender_io_xbuf · GitHub ?
blender embed python 3.

I’ll write a quick guide this WE (bullet point)

Sorry for the issue

1 Like

np…gonna try this

got this error now

gona wait for your guide :wink:

I have the same error

I didn’t write the guide yet.

But I fixed the issue in version 0.5.1 (download the zip on releases page ) and master (download zip button on GitHub - xbuf/blender_io_xbuf: Delegate rendering to an external render engine (eg provided by game engine)).