Different renderspeed in Netbeans and compiled program

Hi everybody,

does anybody has an idea why a program that runs in Netbeans is totaly smooth and lacks when I compile it to a .jar?

More Information and Example: I have Skybox, Water on ProjectedGrid and a model. When I start the program in Netbeans the waves are created totaly smooth but when it runs from a jar the waves and the camera starts to lack when the model comes into the camera.

any idea?

Greetz

Maybe the configuration is different? Like you have a config file in your NetBeans project where antialiasing is off and when you start via the jar some other configuration file is used?

-Xmx1024m

normally java onle get 64mb of ram wich is a bit low for a 3d engine

Empire Phoenix said:

-Xmx1024m
normally java onle get 64mb of ram wich is a bit low for a 3d engine

He/She would have had to set the heap space when running it from NetBeans as well if I'm not mistaken..  I don't know of any IDE's that bump you up from 64MB without telling them to!

JVM option is in both, Netbeans and the "start.bat" -Xms256m and -Xmx512m.

Where can I find the config files?

The default file name is "properties.cfg", it should look something like:

#Game Settings written by com.jme.app.BaseGame$BaseGameSettings at Wed Nov 04 11:40:06 EST 2009
#Wed Nov 04 11:40:07 EST 2009
FREQ=-1
RENDERER=LWJGL
WIDTH=640
HEIGHT=480
DEPTH=24
FULLSCREEN=false

the file properties.cfg isn't created because I use the SimpleCanvasImpl and not the a StandardGame class.

Could this be the fault?

Maybe I found out the reason for the lacks. When I run my program in Netbeans I have a framerate of ~60 but when I run the JAR the framerate is between 6 and 10.

Any idea why this is?

and if I manipulate the tpf with

tpf=tpf/5

the framerate is higher but the lacks are still there
Bastard said:

and if I manipulate the tpf with

tpf=tpf/5

the framerate is higher but the lacks are still there

no, if you manipulate the framerate like that, the framerate that the text displays is higher, the application is rendered with the same framerate as before.

Dont manipulate the tpf it is determined and passed to your methods by jME itself. And thou shalt not question the Almighty Monkey.

I would never say something strange about the Monkey :slight_smile:

I only looks for a solution or a reason for my problem

Well it's more like putting a picture over a hole in the wall^^.

Bastard said:

I only looks for a solution or a reason for my problem

I honestly have no idea why your app is slower out of a .jar

All I know is that dividing the tpf by 5 doesn't solve it  ;)
dhdd said:

All I know is that dividing the tpf by 5 doesn't solve it  ;)

this I found out myself  :D

has really nobody an idea?

If anybody has the same problem, the reason is the Java Runtime. NetBeans is using the 32bit Runtime, my pc is using 64bit Runtime for executing .jar Files. When I start the .jars with the 32bit Runtime it runs in the same way as in Netbeans.

Bastard said:

If anybody has the same problem, the reason is the Java Runtime. NetBeans is using the 32bit Runtime, my pc is using 64bit Runtime for executing .jar Files. When I start the .jars with the 32bit Runtime it runs in the same way as in Netbeans.

Well that's kind of a new one.  Can you provide some more information about the platform you're running on (OS, whose JVM, etc)?

CPU: Intel Xeon

RAM: 8GB

Graphic: NVIDIA Quadro FX3800

You can run Netbeans using the 64bit runtime; check out this link: FaqInstall64Bit - NetBeans Wiki