Different textures for one model, UV texture is dark

Hello

I have a few questions to ask.

1. I have a model of a player. I want to make several players of the same model, but different textured for different player. What is the best (easier) way to do it?
  2. In blender I have a model with UV texture and I export it in obj format. When I load it in jME3 it becomes darker than it is in blender’s render. It doesn’t change when I select shadeless option in blender. I want it to be like SimpleTextured material is used. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks for reply.

That tank is a player and brick wall is UV textured model.

1. My first guess is different Material or Shader options! Sounds like it!
I select shadeless option in blender

Nevertheless my first guess!

2) Default Light in Blender activated! Add a lightsource to jME!
Quickest solution anyway
  1. you 'll need a material for each different kind of player

2)try to use the lighting material and set your texture to m_DiffuseMap

I think that the OBJ’s exporter don’t supports double sided, it supports twoside.

If it’s true, you’ll need do the following:

-In blender go to editing tab in menu’s Buttons Window and disable the Double Sided Option.

-In edit mode select all faces of your mesh and press ctrl + n to recalculate outside with uv calculation.

-Then your mesh’s faces will be dark inside just.

I advise you to use Ogre Meshes Exporter instead OBJ’s exporter, cause jmonkey works good with it.

Follow this link if you want to use Ogre Exporter : http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45922.

Thank you all for your help.

I’ve found a solution. I,ve exported my model in ogre format without material and used ColoredTextured material. I set my texture and white color. I think, may be my texture was too dark, but while rendering in blender it wasn’t.

I think this topic will help you :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Oh, thanks. It was really helpful!!! x )