DirectX to J3O Converter

@normen Ah yes. i’ve moved it to the assets. The error changed but it still will not load.

@stanhebben Sent you the files. I hope it helps. These are true x-files. We should call Mulder and Scully.

Both indeed won’t load. The animated file is not only animated, but also has some features that are not (yet) supported. The other file is a compressed file, and guess what, compressed files are also not yet supported.

I guess it’s time to give this importer an upgrade.

1 Like
stanhebben said:I guess it's time to give this importer an upgrade.

Cheers mate! Very happy to see you're still keeping an eye on your contribution :)

Hi, I’m trying to use this importer. How do you use it? I right-click on the .x file as shown in the screenshot below, and click “Convert to j3o binary”, but nothing happens… no dialogs pop up, no output, nothing…??

If theres a warning sign popping up in the lower right click it to see any exceptions that have been thrown.

Ah okay. Here it was:

Unexpected Exception: be.stanhebben.x2jme.ResourceException:

be.stanhebben.x2jme.ResourceException

at be.stanhebben.x2jme.XFile.locateTexture(XFile.java:169)

at be.stanhebben.x2jme.data.XDMaterial.toMaterial(XDMaterial.java:95)

at be.stanhebben.x2jme.data.XDMeshMaterialList.toMaterial(XDMeshMaterialList.java:57)

at be.stanhebben.x2jme.data.XDMesh.toSpatial(XDMesh.java:91)

at be.stanhebben.x2jme.data.XDFrame.toSpatial(XDFrame.java:63)

at be.stanhebben.x2jme.data.XDFrame.toSpatial(XDFrame.java:63)

at be.stanhebben.x2jme.XFile.toNode(XFile.java:144)

at be.stanhebben.x2jme.XImporter.load(XImporter.java:35)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:273)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:408)

[catch] at com.jme3.gde.core.assets.SpatialAssetDataObject.loadAsset(SpatialAssetDataObject.java:90)

at com.jme3.gde.core.assets.actions.ConvertModel$1.run(ConvertModel.java:63)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

So I guess it just shouldn’t find the texture file.

However… I added the texture file to the same folder now, and the conversion process now is throwing up no errors, but still nothing seems to be going on. I don’t have any jm3o files that I can see anywhere. And my call to assetManager.loadModel(“dwarf1.x”); is still complaining about not knowing how to load .x files.

Nevermind, got it now. Had to rename the texture file (from “dwarf.jpg” to “dwarf1.jpg”) to match the filename exactly of the .x file (aside from the extension obviously). For some reason when I had made my last post, the error had stopped showing up, although it still applied: the converter just couldn’t find the texture.

The model is loaded successfully now, thanks for your help

1 Like

Can you estimate when will be the X format with animation support ready?

Hey,

I downloaded the plugin and tried to use it on three different .x files located in my Assets/Models/… folder. When I double-click it or try to use “Convert to j3o Binary” it only replys with

“Trying to write asset failed, asset data null!

Import failed?

Could not locate saved file.”

Any ideas what to do?