Displaying list of executed methods in eclipse

I have a problem with loader code I'm using and want to know if eclipse or other tools can display a history of executed methods with class location, so as to find and hopefully fix this issue faster.

my issue involves some erroneous translation on the rootbone of my model e.g if the model animated forward in the file model is being driven right :?  in jme and stranger still if it's animated right it's driven up on the y axis.

thanks in advance

Perhaps it would be better just to set a break-point and then just step over it?

darkfrog said:

Perhaps it would be better just to set a break-point and then just step over it?

could you elaborate some bits, I'm a hobbyist ...... when I can find real time for my hobby :) so something just don't get learnt

what darkfrog means is that you should use debugging to identify your problem.

you can place breakpoints in eclipse (doubleclick on the left margin of your sourcecode editor). then, if you start the application in debug mode, when the jvm is about to execute the code where you placed your breakpoint, the application is halted an you can analyze(or even change) all variables and objects in orrder to identify your problem. eclipse even supports conditional breakpoints: the app is halted only if a certain condition is true.

in debug mode you can execute your app step by step (line after line, call after call) and see how variables and objects change.that's what darkfrog means by "step over it".

you should experiment a bit with the eclipse debugger and learn how to use it because it's a very useful tool.

thanks man most appreciated :slight_smile:

i'm glad i could help  :wink:

when I say lose the mouse I mean it freezes and

one more question, do I have to disable mouse in the test class or is there a way around that, when set/execute the break point I completely lose my mouse, and getting around the interface is a pain in the ass after that. the debugger is last real hope of finding that last big issue in the only character animation code for jme that my little accounting brain have come to grips with :slight_smile:

I noticed that problem on most linux machines (mac and win are fine). The only workaround I have found is setting

MouseInput.get().setCursorVisible( true );

while debugging.

@mcbeth:

i'm not sure i understand what you mean by "loosing the mouse". if you only mean that the jme mouse cursor disappears when a breakpint is hit, then that's normal. usually (at least on win32) eclipse jumps into foreground when a breakpoint is hit. but sometimes it fails in obtaining focus and then i have to bring it myself into foreground (alt+tab or similar). if this is a linux/mac specific problem then i'm afraid i can't help. i didn't use(yet) eclipse+jme under linux and i don't have a mac.

try debugging a non-jme/opengl application (HelloWorld woild do it) to see if this mouse disappearance happens every time or only when jme/opengl is in use. that way you can decide in which direction you should "dig" further for locatiing your actual problem.

tried other test once jme grabs the mouse it just keeps it and the break point renders it(mouse) unusable is something I can do then to prevent jme from grabbing the mouse.

Even if you are on windows have you tried what I suggested?

irrisor said:

Even if you are on windows have you tried what I suggested?

oh right apologies ://

irrisor do you by chance remember how this was accomplish before the input rewrite

I think it was nearly the same:

MouseInput.getMouseInput().setCursorVisible( true );

thats not quite it refuses to compile this

MouseInput.getMouseInput().setCursorVisible( true );

complied but threw a ClassCastException, is there a way to lookup older  sourcecode from  cvs

In Eclipse:

right click the file -> team -> show history.

You can also use the CVS source browser on the java.net project page.

It cannot throw a cast exception because there is no cast in that line :?

irrisor said:

It cannot throw a cast exception because there is no cast in that line :?

sorry meant to post

((MouseInput) input.getMouse()).setCursorVisible( true );