Distorted Animation

Hi i’ve loaded a free model from a site,it was with textures but no armour,soo i made armour and animated it,now when i import it ,it says it has “more than 4 weights per vertex!” im not really good at this stuff (i dont know what its means at all :smiley: ) but model gets distorted,suppose thnx to vertex stuff… any 1 know how can i fix it?

I use Ogre exporter
Animation get distorted only when i add bones,even 1 blows up every thing,and it gets distorted really badly seems a ball

I found a way to reduce it ,and now i get no report But i still has it distorted,any ideas on what have i missed?

Now i fexed size and stuff… made new bones new animation… still distorted arms… i simply cant get it…why its distorted? in blender it is fine…

here is new file

Running on jMonkeyEngine 3.0.10
Extraction Directory: C:\Users\Stanislav\AppData\Roaming.jmonkeyplatform\3.0
Lwjgl 2.9.0 context running on thread LWJGL Renderer Thread
Adapter: aticfx64
Driver Version: 8.17.10.1571
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Version: 4.5.13492 Compatibility Profile Context 22.19.685.0
Renderer: AMD Radeon ™ R9 200 Series
GLSL Ver: 4.50
Audio Device: OpenAL Soft
Audio Vendor: OpenAL Community
Audio Renderer: OpenAL Soft
Audio Version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.15.1
AudioRenderer supports 64 channels
Audio effect extension version: 1.0
Audio max auxilary sends: 4
Returning hash code of content
Checking page id 628.767.423 vs stored id 628.767.423
Clearing asset List
Clearing asset List
Start offview panel
Cannot locate material file: Material.material
Cannot locate lumberJack.skeleton.xml.material for scene lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene
Unsupported pass directive: alpha_to_coverage
Unsupported pass directive: colour_write
Unsupported pass directive: depth_check
Unsupported pass directive: depth_func
Unsupported pass directive: depth_write
Unsupported pass directive: illumination_stage
Unsupported pass directive: light_clip_planes
Unsupported pass directive: light_scissor
Unsupported pass directive: normalise_normals
Unsupported pass directive: polygon_mode
Unsupported pass directive: scene_blend_op
Unsupported pass directive: shading
Unsupported pass directive: transparent_sorting
Unsupported texture_unit directive: scale
Unsupported texture_unit directive: colour_op
Loaded asset lumberJack.skeleton.xml
Attaching model lumberJack.skeleton.xml-scene_node (Node)
Stop offview panel
Stop offview panel
Looking in empty list for lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene
Copied file C:/Users/Stanislav/Desktop/bear/LumberJack/lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene to Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene
Add file Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene to delete list
Looking in empty list for lumberJack.mesh.xml
Copied file C:/Users/Stanislav/Desktop/bear/LumberJack/lumberJack.mesh.xml to Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.mesh.xml
Add file Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.mesh.xml to delete list
Looking in empty list for lumberJack.material
Copied file C:/Users/Stanislav/Desktop/bear/LumberJack/lumberJack.material to Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.material
Add file Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.material to delete list
Looking in empty list for lumberJack_diffuse.png
Copied file C:/Users/Stanislav/Desktop/bear/LumberJack/lumberJack_diffuse.png to Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack_diffuse.png
Looking in empty list for lumberJack.skeleton.xml
Copied file C:/Users/Stanislav/Desktop/bear/LumberJack/lumberJack.skeleton.xml to Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.skeleton.xml
Add file Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.skeleton.xml to delete list
Using real ProjectAssetManager for import instatiation.
Cannot locate material file: Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/Material.material
Cannot locate Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.skeleton.xml.material for scene Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene
Unsupported pass directive: alpha_to_coverage
Unsupported pass directive: colour_write
Unsupported pass directive: depth_check
Unsupported pass directive: depth_func
Unsupported pass directive: depth_write
Unsupported pass directive: illumination_stage
Unsupported pass directive: light_clip_planes
Unsupported pass directive: light_scissor
Unsupported pass directive: normalise_normals
Unsupported pass directive: polygon_mode
Unsupported pass directive: scene_blend_op
Unsupported pass directive: shading
Unsupported pass directive: transparent_sorting
Unsupported texture_unit directive: scale
Unsupported texture_unit directive: colour_op
Loaded asset lumberJack.skeleton.xml
Looking in empty list for Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack_diffuse.png
File lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene saved successfully
Notified about change in AssetData properties for lumberJack.skeleton.xml
lumberJack.skeleton.xml listening for external changes on C:\Users\Stanislav\Desktop\JMBasicGame\BasicGame\assets\Models\lumberJackskeletonxml\lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene@504cd16d:5c270b42
Set original path for lumberJack.skeleton.xml to Models/lumberJackskeletonxml/lumberJack.skeleton.xml.scene

Try this on an experimental file.
https://jmonkeyengine.github.io/wiki/jme3/advanced/mixamo.html#action-baking

Edit: This is assuming you mean it distorts when playing the animation. Not certain that’s what you meant, It also assumes you had applied the Location, Rotation, and Scale to your model.

1 Like

More than 4 weights per vertex means that you have more than 4 bones that influence a vertex. I would redo your weights and make sure that each vertex only has weights for up to 4 bones. Also, I would make sure your location, rotation, and scale have been applied to your model beforehand as mitm said.

I have to do that in blender or in jmonkey,couse in jmonkey i did ,but i dont know how to do it in Blender

Yeah thnx,i found a guide that shows how to fix that,and did ,now engine says nothing soo i suppose it has been fixed,but problem remains

Oh and im using ogre exporter and i red part on ogre exportation,seems fine…
What i see its distorted all the time,and it actually play some animation all the time,walk stand… soo yes it might be animation… i dont know

Using others models is fine but they usually require some sort of fixing to make them work in Jme. In order for you to solve this and future problems you need to know the basics.

Any video with this little brown guy is golden.

Here’s another well done series, but some of it is dated and the creator no longer maintains it. Index of Public Blender Resources

It will take about a month at 7 days a week 8 hrs a day to do this but its well worth the effort.

Damn i remake character,but each time i add bones it get distorted… i dont know why ,even 1 bone blows it up
i start think it might be size vs dimension,couse when i play whith it in blender it get distorted to a similar way,damn its a prob you get for be lazy and load some 1 alse models :smiley: ,but im pretty bad at modelling soo…

Can you upload the blend file?

i would but the size is too big for this site,and i know not other ways to upload,may be some free site…?i know not any ,doesnt use mutch this things

Yep it was defenitly the size,but i still wonder why and how…

Had a look. You gotta do this for the skeleton aswell as the model (if I am remembering correctly). Your location isn’t applied (ctrl+a → Location) on the skeleton, could fix it.

Had a look. You gotta do this for the skeleton aswell as the model (if I am remembering correctly). Your location isn’t applied (ctrl+a → Location) on the skeleton, could fix it.

THX :_).