Does anibody use Eclipse?

Well I simple have a own prject for them where they are in the src folder. Then i can su the ClassPathlocator to find them

EmpirePhoenix said:
I use eclipse and will tay wit it, I don't use any of the jmp stuff. For terrain editing I use L3dt wich works perfectly well together with jme.
j3o conversion is done with a small precacher I use .
I only use the obj and the ogrexml import path. no ned for blender as i kinda dislike it's Ui.
For simple tasks i use Deled as it can do most stuff, and also has a ogrexml export plugin.

@EmpirePhoenix how are you using L3dt .........do you use the height maps or the mesh export, I am considering the mesh export since you can now export the optimized mesh and textures to tiles , plus the painting tools and erosion filters are sweet

I mainly use Eclipse. Reason: because I am used to it and imho looks better. :smiley:

Anyway, I sometimes also use JMP, for other goodies that it brings, mainly automatic distribution making.

@mifth: I actually created my project in JMP. Then in Eclipse, I imported it and set assets folder as another source folder. That way, everything I do in any of the tools is naturally reflected in the other + it works normally.

EDIT: Oh jeah, another thing: In Eclipse, its good to set up a new project for jME3 directly from SVN. Then you just define dependency between your project and jME3 project, and you are mostly done. :smiley:

1 Like

Guys!!! Thanks for your replies! I did not expect so many replies.

@inShadow: Thanks for reply!!! What do you mean about the tools? do you mean that we can import netbeans/jmp plugins to Eclipse? If it’s true, so can you make a video tutorial or make some screenshots and explain how to get the JMP tools to Eclipse?

Edited: Especially interested - Scene Viewer, Scene Explorer, Material Editor, Model Convertors.

@mifth: With tools I meant JMP and Eclipse. Whatever code I write in Eclipse for example is also changed in JMP and whatever model and scene editing I do in JMP and save in assets folder its reflected in Eclipse (with F5). Its a matter of using 2 editors on the same resource, no biggie. :slight_smile:

You cannot port JMP tools to Eclipse. Ok it is possible (as almost everything with computers is possible), but would be insane, since you would need looots of work for almost no effect. :smiley:

Thanks, I get you!