Does anyone use NeoTexture anymore?

Just curious. Kinda looking to use it to create some quick and dirty procedural textures and I see the last commit towards it in git was in 2015 (theirs not ours).

I tried using it two months or so ago, but it was so unintuitive and some basic stuff (UV manipulation math support I think) was missing, so I gave up on it.

1 Like

Same thing as grizeldi. Installed it, confusedly clicked some stuff then closed it.

1 Like

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it :slight_smile: I use it from time to time. I think it’s pretty slick and does a great job of creating seamless textures.

2 Likes

So is there a tutorial you followed to get started or just trial and error?

1 Like

Just trial and error :slight_smile: Maybe it helped that I had been thinking about how to generate procedural textures for a while and had started to write some simple image combining filters to try out combinations. Which is exactly what Neo does but with a visual editor.
I think it’s pretty fun to mix and match stuff using blending and so on. I usually start with a black & white texture, then blend it with something setting color. Then I use the B&W base to create a bump mapping, maybe start with the B&W base and use it to create a specular mapping. Sometimes it ends up looking good in the 3D world … and sometimes not so much :slight_smile: Takes a bit of time and trial and error.

2 Likes