Does anything just work with JME2 straight out of the shoot?

I apologize it was called "resourcecopy" I was only looking through the commands that began with "dist-" but be sure to see my above post because I modified it.

EDIT: Although resourcecopy doesn't actually jar the files…

Outstanding.  So I am going to go with the fix is in svn now.  It looks like this exception is related to the BMenuBar issue where some code was added to the BWindow that was supposed to work with the BMenuBar, alas it also throws this exception (ALL THE TIME!)

I'm checking in some code now.  The easiest way to test this without checking out a lot of files right now is to go into BWindow line 38ish in the Constructor  replace the lines in the Constructor with these:

super(name);
        setLayoutManager(layout);
//        setLayoutManager(new VGroupLayout(Justification.TOP, Policy.NONE));
//        ((VGroupLayout) getLayoutManager()).setOffAxisJustification(Justification.LEFT);
//        _menuBar = new BMenuBar("menubar");
//        _rootPanel = new BContainer();
//        add(_menuBar, GroupLayout.FIXED);
//        add(_rootPanel);
        _style = style;
//        _rootPanel.setLayoutManager(layout);

that should remove the GroupLayout exception.  I'm working on checking in some changes right now and then I'll post some jars.
Trussell said:

I apologize it was called "resourcecopy" I was only looking through the commands that began with "dist-" but be sure to see my above post because I modified it.

EDIT: Although resourcecopy doesn't actually jar the files...

Yeah, so resourcecopy copies only the rsrc directory to the dist directory.  There used to be a task that made a jar and then copied it to the dist directory.  I'll add that back in under dist-rsrc

ok, not made the change to the build.xml file, however, I have checked in all the files locally so svn and my local machine match now.

So if I do SVN checkout and rebuild everything should be okay?

lord I hope so :slight_smile:

Yes, it should be fine.

That's what I call support.

It works now. Thank you very much!!!

Sweet!  Go Me!

Again if you have ANY problems, just let me know.Email or post. Email will get you support sooner, but either is fine.

Can you just do my GUI for me?  :smiley:

lol!  Probably, but it'd be OSS then :smiley:

:smiley:

do you know of any examples of a chat-box made with gbui? I'm looking through your wiki now, but you'll probably know off the top of your head.

(chat box like in WoW)

I don't know of any examples on this.

There is a TextField and TextArea example to type messages on one line that will be added to lines in the the bigger area.  I'm sure that could be modified to work for what you want.

Hmmm.I don't see that one now.  I might have it in my Dradis code, I'll look for it real quick.

standtrooper said:

I don't know of any examples on this.

There is a TextField and TextArea example to type messages on one line that will be added to lines in the the bigger area.  I'm sure that could be modified to work for what you want.

Hmmm.I don't see that one now.  I might have it in my Dradis code, I'll look for it real quick.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Ok, LayoutTest has what you're looking for the text and input portions are what you want.

I don't have the time at this moment,but it shouldn't take long to rip it out and create what you're wanting.

standtrooper said:

Ok, LayoutTest has what you're looking for the text and input portions are what you want.

I don't have the time at this moment,but it shouldn't take long to rip it out and create what you're wanting.

I just checked in ChatTest in the tests directory.  All the necessary code is there.

standtrooper said:

I just checked in ChatTest in the tests directory.  All the necessary code is there.

I need to give you some sort of medal. Checking out now.

>.< You just saved me hours of work making a chat box. I want to build a golden statue to you right now sir. But I can't… so I'll put you in the credits. Does that work?

I also changed the code just now…there's a BChatComponent and a new ChatTest done.

You can modify BChatComponent however you want.  I'll probably work on the ChatTest part to show messages across the two, etc.  But if that's something you want to do then feel free and we can work together to add it to the GBUI library if you want to.

I'll probably add a specific listener for chats to include side chats or something, don't know yet.  Right now they'd all be global, but sometimes you want to send a specific message to someone…If someone wants to design it I'd be more than happy to work with you to develop it.

I like this a lot. Is there any way to allow the user to move the window around, though?