[SOLVED] Does Bullet Physics Lib Work on IOS

Where do I find native libs for Bullet Lib for IOS?

There is none. You could actually pull the sources into your XCode project and use/compile it from there though. But jbullet seemed to work much better than on android as well, thats what I used for the initial iOS tests.

5 Likes

What;s the difference between jBullet and Bullet?

Are you saying there are no native libraries needed for that?

Which libraries do I need to include for jBullet?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks, I’ve managed to get it running with jBullet.

I do have another question though please.

It doesn’t appear to support “setLinearFactor” which I need to use because I want to lock the x and z axis.

This is my command I’m using. Is there an alternative for this?
geoPawn.getControl(RigidBodyControl.class).setLinearFactor(new Vector3f(0, 1, 0);

1 Like

No, there is no equivalent. You could reset all forces in the directions you don’t want though by manipulating the velocity of objects directly in a tick callback.

1 Like

Which sources do I use if I want to compile with Xcode?

I.E. I assume I would use the JME Native bullet (Not Android sources) but which bullet sources do I compile them with?

I’ve tried a couple of the many versions and variations but can’t find one that compiles without making significant changes to the JME source.

The build script (used to?) include the path of the bullet sources that are used for building. Otherwise I can’t help you much as I’m pretty much out of the jME game for a long time now.

Ohhh :flushed: Why?

life :grin:

1 Like

Did you try these sources:

jmonkeyengine/jme3-bullet-native/src/native/cpp at master · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub

?

Or perhaps you want https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/archive/2.86.1.zip

Thanks its the bullet sources. Many thanks ill give it a try.

1 Like

Thanks Guys I got both working and I found that the compiled bullet sources performed better.

Check it out www.chatter-games.com

Anyone need any help on the IOS side give me a nudge.

3 Likes

Cool, maybe you could edit the wiki pages? I don’t know how that works these days but as you are probably one of the few people in the world who did this it would be awesome if you could share a few details on that :slight_smile:

https://jmonkeyengine.github.io/wiki/jme3/ios.html

I can do. No problem. I do have some changes necessary to the default IOS project too. Is it best to create a pull request? Do I need any additional access to do that?

1 Like

I guess a PR is fine?