Dragon - Galaxy Interceptor

Hi,

I’m proud to introduce my first game made with JME3: Dragon - Galaxy Interceptor

I hope you’ll enjoy it and any feedback/bug tracking would be appreciated.

9 Likes

This is very good!

Old style Galaga FTW!

Also very polished, didn’t notice any issue.

Well done.

Looks nice in the screenshots…no signing and wanting full access to my computer though :frowning:

You will find that puts virtually everyone (including me!) off. Why does it need full access?

Damn the little red and grey guys kept tracking me and killing me, hehe

lots of fun!

very fun game, i liked the look and feel of it :slight_smile:

That green cigar spaceship, you can attack it while standing really close of it (literally colliding with it) without dying ^^

Hey!

Thank you all for playing and comments, I’m very glad to see that you enjoyed it.

@zarch : I actually have no clue to where your issue comes from, I just followed a web start deployment video tutorial. Since nobody but you reported this issue can you please tell us under which os are you running?

@shirkit : yeah it’s the case with all enemies, it’s a tip (and a risk taking) to kill as many enemies as possible to raise your highscore. The collision box is small in order to not to die to fast but some persons still stand that this game is too hard!

Windows 7, Chrome.

Click play got the standard “this type of file can harm your computer”, clicked keep.

Click the jnlp.

Got:

http://i.imgur.com/3saON.jpg

Ok I got it! In fact the app runs fine but it’s weird to get this security warning right? Does it appends because I checked the self signing option for web start deployment in JME3 SDK?

@accionmutante said:
Ok I got it! In fact the app runs fine but it's weird to get this security warning right? Does it appends because I checked the self signing option for web start deployment in JME3 SDK?

Yeah, you only really can avoid it for webstart if you jave some code signing certificate.

It was the “unrestricted access” that worried me tbh. I had expected self-signed but self signed jnlp should get sandboxed…

@zarch said:
It was the "unrestricted access" that worried me tbh. I had expected self-signed but self signed jnlp should get sandboxed...

Then you can't install native code. Native code download requires full access because essentially the JVM cannot sandbox it.

What he said, native code basically always means “anything goes” for java apps.

I remember how scared my friends were by this message when I asked them to try my game. On the other hand, they download all kinds of crap and execute it as admin user.

Might be of interest:

http://sandboxie.com/

Btw, nice game. Reminds me of Project X. Laz0r! :smiley:

Oh yeah! thanks, I love project X! (project x2 on psx was awesome as well)
On amiga my favourites were z-out, saint dragon and starush.