Duplicate E-Mails

I don’t know whether it’s a known problem but since some weeks I nearly get every notification emails twice… especially when I choose to “Follow” specific topics, the “Notify on new topic” e.g. works flawlessly.

Might that be an configuration mistake on my side or is this a common problem?

Idk but you get informed again when somebody edits his post, same when theres @mentions and the post is edited.

Ah it’s not a bug, it’s a feature! :slight_smile: Ok thanks for explanation, I thought it might have been related to the mail gateway orso, but Editing notifications sound reasonable…

I always get two for every post to a thread I’ve responded to. It started doing it the last time the site was updated or something and I just got used to it.

I see additional messages for edits also but even unedited messages I get twice… either that or 100% of all messages to threads I respond to get edited at least once… because I always get at least two.

It’s for that reason that I turned off all email notifications and automatic thread subscription. Only name-tagging is enabled to notify me by email and those threads I manually subscribe to.

1 Like

Oh, the (editing?) duplicates always arrive within the same minute usually 6 seconds delayed (judging from the timestamps)… are you guys that fast in editing? ^^

@madjack How did you enable name-tagging? sounds interesing

The dupes are not from editing… though you will get additional notifications for that too.

For some reason when you’ve responded to a topic you also auto-join it, I guess. And because of that you get two notifications (one because you’ve joined and one because you responded). At least that’s my guess without understanding the real issues involved.

Since I do not write much posts but often follow topics via the “Follow” button I should not get these duplicates since I only follow without posting - but I’m getting them anyways :confused:

And it’s weird… I just got two singles in a row. Yours and one from another topic. First time in months.

@cmur2 said:
Oh, the (editing?) duplicates always arrive within the same minute usually 6 seconds delayed (judging from the timestamps)... are you guys that fast in editing? ^^
@madjack How did you enable name-tagging? sounds interesing

Go to your profile, click on Settings->Notification and chose the appropriate options you want enabled. The Notification "button" is on the row beneath the the Settings link.

@pspeed said:
And it's weird... I just got two singles in a row. Yours and one from another topic. First time in months.

We jinxed it. ;)
1 Like