Dynamic/Procedural Model Destruction (or even DMM)

I am pretty new to jME and am working on prototyping a game with a group of colleagues. I was wondering if procedural destruction is possible/plausible with the jME? DMM (Digital Molecular Matter) is the dream, but I suspect it will stay as such for some time to come. eg. http://youtube.com/watch?v=1OU6WyWM2WU

I thougt we can implement this PhysicEngine somehow. But the Physics Objects are always parralel to the visible Objects. But without a physicsbinding JME Trimeshs have to be reconstructed, when you split them in many smaller trimeshs.

The normal Collisiondetection of JME is quite good, and can be handled by other threads, so I would say JME has the power to do this. There just must be somebody, who writes the Syntax for for this Molecular Stuff.

PS.: I have seen, that this Physicsengine can handle also a dynamic LOD, this is also nice, for the future of 3D games :slight_smile:

in jmephysics, you could attach parts of a model with breakable joints.

any sample code for jmephysics using breakable joints?

TestBreakableJoints.java  :wink:

.:emp...hellg:. said:

I thougt we can implement this PhysicEngine somehow. But the Physics Objects are always parralel to the visible Objects. But without a physicsbinding JME Trimeshs have to be reconstructed, when you split them in many smaller trimeshs.

The normal Collisiondetection of JME is quite good, and can be handled by other threads, so I would say JME has the power to do this. There just must be somebody, who writes the Syntax for for this Molecular Stuff.

PS.: I have seen, that this Physicsengine can handle also a dynamic LOD, this is also nice, for the future of 3D games :)

i would be very interested in sitting down with a bunch of you guys and nutting this one out...having the ability to do DMM-style destruction on meshes would be amazing...

Hallo. I'm still interested in breaking stuff  :mrgreen:

the easiest way for beggining are boxes I think. When a Box should be broken, you can make out of one box 4 new ones, and these can be broken in 4new ones and so on.

How does it sounds?

i think its not very realistic, but should be easy to implement and fun to play around :slight_smile: