Eclipse project files for jme3

hey first post here:)

i'd like to add eclipse project files to jme 3 for easier setup.

Its great to see that jme3 takes care of loading the natives.

the added files would be

.classpath

.project

settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs

Sure, i think all 3 environments (eclipse, netbeans and plain ant (possible maven) should be supported.

Its just very convenient to have the project files checked in.

Thumbs up!  :smiley:

Would it be fine then to add netbeans project files as well? I am hoping that maybe an ant script can be made for jme3, so that it is IDE independent.

Core-Dump said:

Why not using Maven to do this?

why depend on a external build tool :slight_smile:

gouessej said:

Core-Dump said:

Why not using Maven to do this?

The purpose of loading the natives with the engine is to prevent the "java.library.path" errors as well as make it easier for deployment when outside the IDE. So, Maven wouldn't help much  :|
Though I don't mind including Maven project files, as long as other options are available (ant, eclipse files, netbeans files).
Momoko_Fan said:

So, Maven wouldn't help much  :|
Though I don't mind including Maven project files, as long as other options are available (ant, eclipse files, netbeans files).

Some guys working on another engine use Maven Natives to solve this problem but I like ANT too. Do you know Maven2Eclipse?
gouessej said:

Some guys working on another engine use Maven Natives to solve this problem but I like ANT too. Do you know Maven2Eclipse?

I know you can generate eclipse files from a maven project by running "mvn eclipse:eclipse" in the command line. Personally though, I don't use eclipse but NetBeans, which includes built-in Maven support from 6.7. The natives really aren't a big problem, it's just that distribution for desktop can be rather tough sometimes and that's where the Natives class helps.