Eclipse Tutorial

I followed this tutorial to set up eclipse with the cvs, and I get as far as testing (running TestTeapot) and get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

the tutorial mentions this and says “You need to either add jme/src as a source folder in your project” - but I’ve looked and as far as I can tell the JME project has this?

Could anyone help me?

Right click on project, New > Source folder … select "src"

"this folder is already a source folder"

the error is Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jmetest/renderer/TestTeapot

(top marks for quick response mind  :D)

maybe "build automatically" (or whatever it is called) is not turned on in the "project" menu?

does the "problems" view display any errors?

That is in the problem view

and i've tried it with automatic build on and off

also its running on the latest eclipse on ubuntu linux if that matters at all

try creating anew run configuration. maybe the current run config points to an invalid path. usually you get that error only when your run config is wrong.

can't help more right now because i'm at work. sorry

Yeah im not at home either so cant test right now

however im running it by right clicking and clicking run as application (how it is recommended in the tutorial)

If nobody has any ideas I could try it on my dads (windows) machine tonight

Got a slightly more informative response on windows

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path

:frowning:

search the forum for that error. you'll find a lot of responses

I made the current incarnation of the tutorial, and have triple checked it.  If you follow every instruction start to finish guaranteed it should work.  I have a series of screenshots of the whole process, but mojo monkey couldn't get it so I could upload them…  IM me your email if you want me to send you these pics.

Sent a PM