Editor for GBUI

Hi,

We are four students who have worked at Funcom since January on our thesis. The result of this being an editor that can create, edit and export bui designs to xml with an associated stylesheet. We also have a helper class for loading this back in again to be used in programs( add listeners and such to make it work ).

We've recieved permission from Funcom to publish the code under the gpl and since we integrate code from JMEContext( http://code.google.com/p/radakan/source/browse/trunk#trunk/JMEContext ) we'll be publishing it under GPLv3.

The code will be up in a few weeks time after we finish up here. But for now, here is a screenshot.

Yay, looks nice. External GUI editing options are important. This is actually one reason why we chose NiftyGUI over GBUI in jme3. NiftyGUI already uses XML descriptor files for creating the UI which allows separate editing of code and UI. This makes it way easier to work on projects together with designers and coders.

Cheers,

Normen

Editors are awesome! :smiley: I'll certainly put the spotlight on this project shortly after you guys can share your final work.

You worked at Funcom eh? Does that mean you're Norwegians (heisann)?.

I'm a little confused. I don't see how thesis work and Funcom goes together. Care to elaborate a little?

Hey  :D

We're from norway yeah (hei til deg ogs

Wow!  I haven't read the forums lately, but now this!  Looks great, downloading now.  Thanks for the contribution!

Hi, we have now released the source code for the application, as well as a new build and a user manual for the editor. We have supplied a small test class that shows how you import the file into a SimpleGame and map listeners to components.

Would be great if you tried it out and gave us some feedback  :D

http://code.google.com/p/banana-peeler/

Even though all you guys are probably busy checking out the new jME 3 …

Very exciting stuff!  I'll have to look into this when teaching jME to noobs :slight_smile:

Hi. I am trying to use banana-peeler in my project but I have trouble. When I run code from TestWindow.java it crashes with exception

INFO: setup fbo tex with id 3: 640,120
/D:/workspace/stones-of-history/testExport.bss
Jun 7, 2010 4:27:51 PM class lamao.soh.SHMain start()
SEVERE: Exception in game loop
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: properties
   at com.funcom.peeler.PeelStyleSheet.clone_rules(PeelStyleSheet.java:82)
   at com.funcom.peeler.PeelStyleSheet.<init>(PeelStyleSheet.java:55)
   at com.funcom.peeler.ResourceLoader.loadStyleSheetFromFile(ResourceLoader.java:61)
   at com.funcom.peeler.ResourceLoader.loadStyleSheet(ResourceLoader.java:85)
   at com.funcom.peeler.peelable.PeelRoot.unpeelStyleSheet(PeelRoot.java:196)
   at com.funcom.peeler.peelable.PeelRoot.unpeel(PeelRoot.java:104)
   at com.funcom.peeler.BananaPeel.<init>(BananaPeel.java:84)
   at lamao.soh.SHMain.createWindows(SHMain.java:111)
   at lamao.soh.SHMain.simpleInitGame(SHMain.java:93)
   at com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame.initGame(BaseSimpleGame.java:545)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:74)
   at lamao.soh.SHMain.main(SHMain.java:168)
Jun 7, 2010 4:27:51 PM com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame cleanup
INFO: Cleaning up resources.
Jun 7, 2010 4:27:51 PM com.jme.app.BaseGame start
INFO: Application ending.

The way in which I run this code is simple:
1) Copy above code to my project as main class.
2) Copy testExport.xml and testExport.bss to my projects root.
3) Run it.

Are you running banana-peeler from source?

I run it from binary (143-peeler.zip) by invoking start.bat (WinXP SP3).

Ok, I managed to recreate your problem, and have solved it. Please download the jar file from http://code.google.com/p/banana-peeler/downloads/list and include in your project.

Please let me know if it works.