Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

can you show the stacktrace, please? because I don’t use the method move() now :slight_smile:

Ok, i rebooted, now it starts but when i click File-> Open assets folder i get this

INFO 15:14:41:654 ClassPathScanner: scan /home/riccardo/Downloads/z/libs/jme3-core-3.2_branch-SNAPSHOT.jar
INFO 15:14:41:896 ClassPathScanner: scan /home/riccardo/Downloads/z/libs/jme3-effects-3.2_branch-SNAPSHOT.jar
INFO 15:14:41:912 ClassPathScanner: scan /home/riccardo/Downloads/z/libs/jme3-plugins-3.2_branch-SNAPSHOT.jar
INFO 15:14:41:956 ClassPathScanner: scan /home/riccardo/Downloads/z/libs/jme3-terrain-3.2_branch-SNAPSHOT.jar
INFO 15:14:41:978 ClassPathScanner: scan /home/riccardo/Downloads/z/libs/jme3-testdata-3.2_branch-SNAPSHOT.jar
INFO 15:14:42:823 ClassPathScanner: scan /home/riccardo/Downloads/z/libs/tonegodemitter-2.3.4.jar
INFO 15:14:42:845 ClassPathScanner: scanned for 1066 classes and 492 resources.
INFO 15:14:42:872 ExecutorManager: initialized.
INFO 15:14:42:899 ClassPathScanner: scan /home/riccardo/Downloads/z/embedded-plugins/ss-editor-font-generator/ss-editor-font-generator-1.0.0.jar
INFO 15:14:42:902 ClassPathScanner: scanned for 3 classes and 4 resources.
INFO 15:14:43:368 Editor: OS: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (xenial)
Aug 23, 2017 3:14:47 PM com.jme3.material.Material checkSetParam
WARNING: Material parameter being set: Texture with type Texture2D doesn't match definition types TextureCubeMap
Aug 23, 2017 3:14:47 PM com.jme3.material.Material checkTextureParamColorSpace
WARNING: The texture graphics/textures/sky/studio.hdr has linear color space, but the material parameter Texture specifies no color space requirement, this may lead to unexpected behavior.
Check if the image was not set to another material parameter with a linear color space, or that you did not set the ColorSpace to Linear using texture.getImage.setColorSpace().

(java:6533): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to read the recently used resources file at `/home/riccardo/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but the parser failed: Error reading file '/home/riccardo/.local/share/recently-used.xbel': Is a directory.
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fcd26cefd44, pid=6533, tid=0x00007fccb8228700
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_131-b11) (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.131-b11 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libpthread.so.0+0x9d44]  pthread_mutex_lock+0x4
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/riccardo/Downloads/z/hs_err_pid6533.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

https://gist.github.com/riccardobl/822a0a697abe3806e18d1620682ec9bf

oh yes, this problem is in native file chooser of JavaFX, I have sent several bag reports to oracle about this :frowning:
I can offer you some workround of this or you can try to open asset many times :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m trying, but it never work. Are you calling it from outside the fx thread maybe?

no, I call it everytime only from FX Thread, but it happens from time to time on my ubuntu :frowning:

Mh wouldn’t be possible to replace it with awt file chooser for the moment? Even tho it’s ugly, at least it works.

I’m going to add my simple dialog for this like an alternative option, because AWT filechooser is very very terrible :slight_smile:

@RiccardoBlb can you look at my comment there?
https://bitbucket.org/JavaSabr/jme3-spaceshift-editor/issues/130/doesnt-work

Nice, it worked.

1 Like
WARNING 18:10:23:943 GLSLFileEditor: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\Hector\AppData\Local\Temp\GLSLFileEditor3464958370674727205toSave.tmp -> D:\Blender\Assets\GSLS\test2.frag
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.copy(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.copy(Unknown Source)
	at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.ui.component.editor.impl.AbstractFileEditor.lambda$save$4(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.executor.impl.BackgroundEditorTaskExecutor.doExecute(Unknown Source)
	at com.ss.editor.executor.impl.AbstractEditorTaskExecutor.run(Unknown Source)

can you recheck it on any other asset folder? it’s a very interesting problem.

Question: how do you move in the scene?

press middle mouse button + WASD

1 Like

I would like to see any feedback about this editor :slight_smile:

I’m seeing if i can adapt it as a level editor for my game, i need to change some stuff but it looks promising so far.

if I can improve some things of the scene editor I will do it, or also you can help me with it :wink:
Also, I have a plugin system to make your own extensions…
Now I’m working on this plugin https://bitbucket.org/JavaSabr/ss-editor-tree-generator
and I’m improving API to work with 3D scene for this plugin at the same moment :slight_smile:

Yeah, i’ll probably send some PRs in the future, speaking of that, i would need to pr to bitbucket since the github repo is not really in sync right?

the both repos are sync :wink:

Implemented custom folder chooser to avoid problems with native folder chooser.

5 Likes

Added a question dialog on closing editors :wink:

4 Likes