Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

can you check the version?
https://yadi.sk/d/bodVgiFK3Mgu7p

Hmmm still getting the same error about the scene.bin, just to confirm this is the process to convert GLTF right:

it’s strange, I tested my fix on windows machines and it worked good :frowning:

I have updated and re-checked the build on windows:

it works fine, in the case with last released version, I can reproduce your problem.

It works now thanks a lot.

1 Like

@nehon so about this example:

if we look at the vertex result:

we can see that we don’t assign the material color to the vertex color varying…
I solved it in my editor added shader output flag to input mapping in the vertex common node and have the result:

uniform mat4 g_WorldViewProjectionMatrix;
uniform vec4 m_SecondColor;

in vec3 inPosition;

out vec4 CommonVert_vertColor;

void main(){
	vec4 Global_position = vec4(inPosition,1.0);

//CommonVert : Begin
	mat4 CommonVert_worldViewProjectionMatrix = g_WorldViewProjectionMatrix;
	vec3 CommonVert_modelPosition = Global_position.xyz;
	CommonVert_vertColor = m_SecondColor;
	vec4 CommonVert_projPosition;
	vec2 CommonVert_texCoord1;
	vec2 CommonVert_texCoord2;

CommonVert_projPosition = CommonVert_worldViewProjectionMatrix * vec4(CommonVert_modelPosition, 1.0);
	Global_position = CommonVert_projPosition;
	//CommonVert : End
	gl_Position = Global_position;
}

@nehon but the flag isn’t in a saved j3md file…

well there was tons of bugs in the editor in the sdk.
I’m happy you solved this for your editor

1 Like

Also, I’m preparing a patch with upgrading material things to use new jme clone system.

may I add a suggestion? add a preview of a texture when you have a texture input, such as unreal:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/images/Engine/Landscape/QuickStart/4/T_Landscape_Material_Final.jpg

2 Likes

we can’t do it on jME like this, because jME provides another idea of shader nodes. Your shader nodes can’t have own parameters, so we can’t have any preview of this. All parameters in jME are in a material. So you can see texture preview in parameters of preview material.

Now it looks like this:

You can set textures to the preview material and see the result.

4 Likes

What make me think, why don’t creating a material editor that works like the shader nodes one?. Currently, in your material editor you have the side bar, where you tweak values. Additionally, it would be great to have a visual editor (with it boxes and it arrows) where you can see all the texture previews and easily view the whole material configuration.
(something equals to the posted image).
This could be transformed to a more complex editor where you can also edit the j3md (shader node configuration) being used and create a new one in the same material configuration editor.

What do you mean?

Well… I think it is hard to explain just with words. I’ll try to find some time (currently I can’t) to post some images. However, summarized, I mean to have an editor just like the unreal’s.

ok, the main purpose of my shade node editor is to be user friendly :wink:

And that is just what I’m proposing. It’s more user-friendly to have boxes and arrows and see where the textures goes, than a parameter list.

I agree…

1 Like

The plugin code :slight_smile:

You know… maybe you should think of renaming your editor… Without knowing that it comes from your Space Shift game, SS-Editor can be quite shocking to some.

6 Likes