Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

I’ve been making use of the new model spawn tool (thanks for the new great feature), I have a question, as well as two small suggestions I wanted to run by you.

My question first; Is there a way to remove a model from the list of models to spawn? I see the + symbol to add a model to the list (or change the model if it is already assigned), but I can’t find a way to clear out a model once it has been added.

For my first suggestion, I am wondering if you think it could be a good idea to add an option to allow for some variation with the scale, rather than assigning one consistent scale. I was thinking you could add a “lowScale” and “highScale” parameter (similar to how the particle emitter uses “lowLife” and “highLife” to choose a random value between the two). You could also add another parameter to add variation to the spawned model’s rotation, so they don’t appear to spawn in a noticeable pattern.

The second suggestion is the addition of a padding paramater that would allow the user to alter the distance between the models that spawn. As it is right now, the spawner tool does an excellent job at making sure models do not overlap and still fill the entire space - but in some scenarios (like spawning fields of just grass) it looks as though the final result could benefit from a bit of overlapping between the grass models, which could be achieved by settings a negative padding value.

Here’s a quick screenshot I took and modified in paint to depict my suggestions:

Thanks again for the new feature as well as all your work with JMB. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hm, I will implement these suggestions in 1.8.0 or 1.9.0… thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have found the problem, can you look at the last my comment here?:

The next release will be based on java 10 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Supporting shader node value mapping :slight_smile:
@nehon

9 Likes

Hello,

After a few weeks inactive, I come back.
I see you develop version 1.8.

What changes will be made to this version?

Thank you

migration to java 10 :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

javasabr and what do you think about adding NeoTextureEditor in JMB as it was in jMonkeyEngine SDK. Because the wiki says this, and in fact this plugin does not work. It would be nice if he worked in the JMB.
Here are the references to him:
NeoTextureEditor
NeoTexturePlugin
Project NeoTextureEditor

could you create a ticket on bitbucket about this? I will look at this feature when I will have a time for this.

1 Like

Hi Alex,

I’m trying to build these jmb-extensions:

• jmb-shader-nodes
  • jmb-sky-control
  • jmb-tonegod-emitter
  • jmb-tree-generator

I got this when synchronizing the gradle projects:

prject jmb-shader-nodes :

Could not resolve: com.github.JavaSaBr:jmonkeybuilder:develop-SNAPSHOT

other projects :

Could not resolve: com.spaceshift:jmonkeybuilder:1.8.0

Hi Alex,

I have added Simplified Chinese translation to the newest jmb & jme extensions.

2 PRs push to develop branch:

4 PRs push to master branch:

Please check out my PR. If anything wrong please let me know. Hope we can see them on jMonkeyBuilder 1.8.0

Regards,
yan.

cool, thanks :slight_smile: I will look at it.

which branch do you use?

Editor’s launch activity this year:

4 Likes

meh, i’m the only one the use it in a whole continent :monkey_face:

1 Like

I tried both master branch and develop branch.

I made new PRs to develop branch:

jmb-tonegod-emitter

jme-tree-egenerator

jmb-sky-control

the jmb-font-generator has only master branch, so I didn’t make another PR for it.

1 Like

I have merged these PRs, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, I wonder where all that activity in Belarus is coming from :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue: