Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

Hm, How have you added the VM option -XstartOnFirstThread?

Just inside the configuration for the run process - which won’t give me ANY output to the console but have a process running:

But I am not too sure if this needs to be transferred somehow to the gradle run process.

I noticed that once I add a normal map to a terrain, the lighting for the terrain changes when viewed in JMB

After a normal map is added to any texture slot, the lighting for that object changes like in the image on the right, and it becomes difficult to see the depth of a terrain. Is there a way to change this so its easier to sculpt terrains in JMB?

1 Like

I’m not sure that I understand the issue correctly…

I think I need to check it on macbook of some my friend…

Hey @javasabr is this project still alive?

no…

Nice to see someone of old respond, do you still contribute to the engine? Or are you more or less retired?

Hello guys !

I have adopted this project and i am now re-maintaining it, but unfortunately i failed to revive jmb-1.8.0.

The current re-maintained version is Jme3-SpaceShift Scene Editor 0.9.10 :

I have fixed some bugs relating to thread local objects, updated lwjgl2 dependencies and added some code improvements.

I will start a code improvement and bug fixes plan to get the project on a stable version…i want to reach to the point where people can fork the project and build it themselves and add their own features :slight_smile: ! I hope i can do it ! you are welcome to contribute !

Aims for improvements currently including but not limited to :

• Removing G-Analytics (which was not working).
  • Removing Update checker and software update task (which is broken anyway).
  • Removing groovy editor (no need to extra awesome stuff).
  • Removing j3m text material editor (i think its the same as the groovy editor).
  • Rebuilding a simple thread model that uses jme3 appstates or similar pattern.
  • Please add things (bug fixes or things to remove that’s non-functional) !!!
6 Likes

wow, nice to see it! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Updated to a new version 1.0-RM-Version a re-maintained version :

Bug fixes :

• Fixed remove diffuse map layer_0 bug #issue.
  • Fixed Scene Update locker (used to lock the scene updater while doing editor tasks) #issue, #issue

What’s new ?

• Refractory to use gradle.
  • Updated jme3 dependencies to jme3.5.1-stable.
  • Removed some useless libs.
  • Moved the main repo with the editor dependencies to a separate organization :slight_smile::

There is a lot more to reach the goal, but i think a stable version is approaching with these major fixes.

8 Likes

Alright, here are some features to add to the milestone :

1. Migrate to Minie (i decided finally because of the cryptic pthreads bug #14).
  2. Simple PBR/Lighting Shader nodes editor using the built-in jme j3sn.
  3. An Object AnimComposer Control for the new animation system (an attempt to add the new animation system was made before).

Bugs :

1. Native exception in pthread, most possibly bullet-natives #14
  2. Bug in undoing terrain brush : #16
  3. Undoing a texture layer, doesn’t delete all the mat params for the shader file : #5
6 Likes