Effekseer Library (Particles) for jMonkeyEngine 3

@adi.barda
I fixed the bug causing the crash when a collision check was called (e.g. when raycasting). The origin was that one of my custom meshes had a few indices too much (so they had no according position buffer entries) - Apparently that is no problem for rendering (I assume they will be handled as 0? not sure, but it also doesn’t matter), but the collision check logic seems to assume according positions for all indices (which makes sense). Ultimately I just forgot a “- 1” in the code :slight_smile:

Long story short: It’s fixed now and works fine. (Feel free to take the latest master commit hash from Commits · destroflyer/jme3-effekseer · GitHub)

6 Likes

Amazing man! Thank you so much. I’m going to try adding it to my project today

Great conversion @destroflyer !! thank you :slight_smile:

Some skilled eye candy done with Effekseer…

4 Likes

Wow, that’s impressive!

Stumbled on this thread looking for alternatives to the built in particle system. This looks very promising but seems stalled. Has anyone picked up this effort? I think this would be an amazing addition to core JME if it could be brought current.

1 Like

Last time I’ve tried messing with particles in jme, I’ve had success with this effekseer implementation: jMonkeyEngine | Library

Do note that by modern VFX standards, effekseer is still quite a bit of a pain to use, but it’s definitely better than the built in JME particle system.