Email and forum registration not working

Hi,

I tried to register myself in this forum last Monday. However, the activation mails never arrived. I tried two different mail addresses.

Then I tried to send a mail to contact@jmonkeyengine.org which also failed because it seems there is no mail server configured within the domain.

Failure message was:
contact@monkeyengine.org
#< #5.0.0 smtp; 5.1.2 - Bad destination host ‘Multiple DNS queries were attempted and failed: DNS Hard Error looking up fuckyou.monkeyengine.com (A): NXDomain’ (delivery attempts: 0)> #SMTP#

Finally, I could track down Kirill (shadowislord) by checking the contributors on the github page. He activated my account so I am now able to participate here.

So technically, nobody is able to register new users at the forum currently.

there are new users? :open_mouth:

@thepete said: Failure message was: contact@monkeyengine.org #< #5.0.0 smtp; 5.1.2 - Bad destination host 'Multiple DNS queries were attempted and failed: DNS Hard Error looking up fuckyou.monkeyengine.com (A): NXDomain' (delivery attempts: 0)> #SMTP#

ORLY - you couldn’t send mail to “fuckyou.monkeyengine.com”, you do realize it is spelled jmonkeyengine :smiley:

Thanks for going through the trouble, hope someone can look into the registration problems.

@eraslt said: there are new users? :O

There probably would if the registration would be working. I at least found another stackoverflow post of someone asking how to contact jmonkey people.

@jmaasing said: ORLY - you couldn't send mail to "fuckyou.monkeyengine.com", you do realize it is spelled jmonkeyengine :-D

Thanks for going through the trouble, hope someone can look into the registration problems.

This email address is the address you find when going to the contact page on http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/contact/

I guess it’s wrong there.

We are currently working on moving to the new site, and this will go away along the rest of buddypress.
I’m really sorry for this inconvenience, It’s worked on.

1 Like
@thepete said: This email address is the address you find when going to the contact page on http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/contact/

I guess it’s wrong there.

You are correct, it is wrong on the page. Hopefully the new hosting will solve these issues.

fuckyou.monkeyengine.com ? Did somebody who doesn’t like us get access to the DNS forward account or even the server for that matter? I dare to say that even if one of us did a test or something the name would be slightly more sophisticated, like dafuq.jmonkeyengine.wut or so…

No, its monkeyengine and not jmonkeyengine.com. So unless you guys own also monkeyengine.com your server its save

@zzuegg said: No, its monkeyengine and not jmonkeyengine.com. So unless you guys own also monkeyengine.com your server its save

Ah right, he actually sent it there… I hope :slight_smile: Or somebody got the monkeyengine.com domain to troll us ^^

Yeah it’s the MX record of monkeyengine.org (without the J)
“dig -t MX monkeyengine.org” for those on unix-like OSes.

So i did test it,

I treid to register “Empire Test” yesterday, 24 hours later i still do not have the confirmation mail. So something is bogus.
At the same time I however get the mails for topic replies ect.