Engine only download for 3.1

Been having to work on a netbook for several months now, which does just fine with eclipse and 3.0 once I keep things “tight”, Platform is completely unusable on it though and was wandering if there was a way to just get the engine like svn or at least a guide to getting just the engine src and its required appendages and leave all the editor stuff behind.

thanks

You can go to the GitHub Repository here:

you can also get the releases of the engine jars without building anything

Or if you want to use gradle or maven, the jars are up on jcenter also.

Extract from my gradle build.gradle

repositories {
    jcenter()
}

ext {
    jmeVersion = "[3.1,)"
    groovyVersion = "2.4.3"
}

project(":assets") {
    apply plugin: "java"

buildDir = rootProject.file("build/assets")

sourceSets {
        main {
            resources {
                srcDir '.'
            }
        }
    }
}

dependencies {
    compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: '*.jar')
    compile "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-core:$jmeVersion"
    compile "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:$jmeVersion"
    compile "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-lwjgl:$jmeVersion"

compile "org.codehaus.groovy:groovy-all:$groovyVersion"

runtime project(':assets')
}

thanks guys …will take the easiest route …for now… and download a zip…want to see how breakage I will have to deal with in the first instance then go forward…or not…from there

thanks again will bookmark this for future reference

downloading from GIT servers seem unreliable for anything other than super fast connections I’ve been trying to download 155mb for several days now and failing every time I try both with a DL manager and through the browsers start fast then flatlines after 20-25min finger crossed I’ll get it in 5mins but I’ve been there before about 10 times already

edit: its starting to fail again …sigh

thanks pspeed…but I decided to punish myself once more with the release zip and it held on to the end…finally…

bintray is noted though

Yeah, with bintray you can just grab the jars you need instead of a giant dump of everything.