error BUI : org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)

hello,

I'm working on a Java/JME game project for school and I need your help.

I'm in charge of the GUI ad I'm trying to make BUI running properly.

My problem is that when I try to use the sources from the SVN after configuring the project properly, I launch one of the test files and Eclipse give me the following error report :

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:56)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:555)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.update(Display.java:571)
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLRenderer.displayBackBuffer(Unknown Source)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)
   at com.jmex.bui.tests.HTMLTest.main(HTMLTest.java:106)

Is there someone have an idea to solve this problem which stop me to work further in the comprehension of the code :|

Thanks in advance

Stephane

PS : sorry for the bad English, it's not my mother tongue :(

If I recall correctly, BUI is currently not compatible with the latest CVS version of jME. See this thread http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=5168.0

Thanks duenez, this problem is now solved with the jme 0.10 version, but a new problem appears : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jme.image.Texture.setNeedsFilterRefresh(Z)V :frowning:

I use the bui-test classes, so in theory they run properly …

perhaps I haven't downgraded jme as enough …

An idea ?

Mmmm, Not really, perhaps a developer could help you… Or the people of BUI. Try contacting them (perhaps via their forums).

I’ve search around the web and find this wiki : http://gerbildrop.com/wiki/doku.php which help me to solve my problems :slight_smile:

and it works with the latest jme nightly :slight_smile:

I dunno why it wasn’t working but now it work, i can go further in the project

thanks for your help duenez

duenez said:

Mmmm, Not really, perhaps a developer could help you... Or the people of BUI. Try contacting them (perhaps via their forums).

that would be this forum  :|. usually the bui developer (samskivert) doesn't have much time to read the board. afaik they now focus on a new flash game. so bang howdy (including BUI) will be probably discontinued (that's just my assumption).

as a general note: afaik BUI isn't designed with multithreading in mind. as you see, there are workarounds to make BUI work with the jme mutithreaded framework. but making it fully compatible would probably require some parts of BUI to be rewritten. :(