Error Opening Scene File (.j3o)

I have a .j3o scene for my prototype project… and now the platform keeps saying: “Error Opening File” if I try to open it with the platform, or throwing a null pointer exception on load in the project…

I created a new scene, added some terrain on it, and I could open it… I changed the terrain, saved, and the error appears again xD I have the scene opened, but I cannot load it on code, or open it again… quite funny.

Suggestions? :slight_smile:

[java]GRAVE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jme3.terrain.GeoMap.writeVertexArray(GeoMap.java:340)

at com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.LODGeomap.createMesh(LODGeomap.java:81)

at com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.LODGeomap.createMesh(LODGeomap.java:77)

at com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.TerrainPatch.read(TerrainPatch.java:1041)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.readObject(BinaryImporter.java:347)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.resolveIDs(BinaryInputCapsule.java:484)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readSavableArray(BinaryInputCapsule.java:472)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readSavableArrayList(BinaryInputCapsule.java:588)

at com.jme3.scene.Node.read(Node.java:599)

at com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.TerrainQuad.read(TerrainQuad.java:1679)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.resolveIDs(BinaryInputCapsule.java:484)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readSavableArray(BinaryInputCapsule.java:472)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryInputCapsule.readSavableArrayList(BinaryInputCapsule.java:588)

at com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.TerrainQuad.read(TerrainQuad.java:1679)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:254)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:137)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:121)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:273)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:408)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:418)

at mygame.graphics.WorldManager.simpleInitApp(WorldManager.java:110)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:231)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:129)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)[/java]

Could you post the file here?

There might be a backwards compatibility issue with some of the geomap changes.

What version are you using?

Latest version, updating every time I open the IDE.

With these erros the first thing I did is update … nothing solved :confused:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hc96yevd9evyv0a (temp.j3o)

@josi said:
Latest version, updating every time I open the IDE.

Stable or nightly? Nightly might be broken, for stable, nothing really changed since beta release..

nightly

Okay, thanks, thats helpful :slight_smile:

Edit: So as said, normal stable should work properly, though if you updated your stable application you cannot go back so easily, thats why the manual mention setting up a separate application for testing nightly.

Okey, ty for help :slight_smile:

I was able to open it in my version (trunk latest svn checkout) without errors. Maybe try uninstalling the SDK and installing it again, making sure all previous files are deleted. The NPE is happening on a line that doesn’t make sense in the current source file, so I’m guessing an old jar is on your machine somewhere.

Humm I deleted everything… reinstalled, updated back to nightly and nothing, still giving the error If I try to open the .j3o with the platform, or the NPE if I load it within the project