Errors compiling from SVN using ant

I’m using the SVN and compile with ANT. But for the past few days, I’m getting errors when compinling:

[java]

-do-compile:

[javac] Compiling 177 source files to C:projectsjme3buildclasses

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodDistanceCalculatorFactory.java:46: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol: class LodCalculatorFactory

[javac] public class LodDistanceCalculatorFactory implements LodCalculatorFactory {

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodDistanceCalculatorFactory.java:61: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol : class LodCalculator

[javac] location: class com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.lodcalc.LodDistanceCalculatorFactory

[javac] public LodCalculator createCalculator() {

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodDistanceCalculatorFactory.java:65: cannot find symbol

[javac] location: class com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.lodcalc.LodDistanceCalculatorFactory

[javac] public LodCalculator createCalculator(TerrainPatch terrainPatch) {

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodPerspectiveCalculatorFactory.java:44: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol: class LodCalculatorFactory

[javac] public class LodPerspectiveCalculatorFactory implements LodCalculatorFactory {

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodPerspectiveCalculatorFactory.java:46: cannot find symbol

[javac] location: class com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.lodcalc.LodPerspectiveCalculatorFactory

[javac] public LodCalculator createCalculator() {

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodPerspectiveCalculatorFactory.java:50: cannot find symbol

[javac] location: class com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.lodcalc.LodPerspectiveCalculatorFactory

[javac] public LodCalculator createCalculator(TerrainPatch terrainPatch) {

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodDistanceCalculatorFactory.java:62: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol : class DistanceLodCalculator

[javac] return new DistanceLodCalculator();

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodDistanceCalculatorFactory.java:68: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol : class DistanceLodCalculator

[javac] return new DistanceLodCalculator(terrainPatch, lodThreshold);

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodDistanceCalculatorFactory.java:72: getCapsule(com.jme3.export.Savable) in com.jme3.export.JmeExporter cannot be applied to (com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.lodcalc.LodDistanceCalculatorFactory)

[javac] OutputCapsule c = ex.getCapsule(this);

[javac] ^

[javac] C:projectsjme3srcterraincomjme3terraingeomipmaplodcalcLodDistanceCalculatorFactory.java:78: getCapsule(com.jme3.export.Savable) in com.jme3.export.JmeImporter cannot be applied to (com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.lodcalc.LodDistanceCalculatorFactory)

[javac] InputCapsule c = im.getCapsule(this);

[javac] ^

[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

[javac] 10 errors

[/java]

The problem is that I can’t do a full delete and checkout because I have some open changes to the spidermonkey classes which I’m still waiting for Lars to put into the JME codebase. But this means I can’t compile the latest code either…

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

try to Update to last revision, it will create conflicts on the spidermonkey’s class.

Then resolve the conflicts by keeping your changes

then you should be able to compile

Ok, I did that yesterday late. Still get the same errors. Weird thing is though that I do have the classes he is complaining about, in the location he is complaining about…

SO I don’t understand what the problem is really. All I can think about is the order in which he tries to compile the classes. He first tries to compile the depending class and then the dependant class or something. This MIGHT explain the problem, but if so, I don’t really see a way around is.

Ok, I got a workaround…

I’m now using a link to the jme3 project as I have it checked out of the SVN. This works and gives me all my changes. Would really like to get ANT working again though, but for now, this is workable.