Errors occur when JME applet ran

Hi friends, I am starting to study about the applet part of JME, and I follow the guideline : [http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing_a_jme_applet] to start my first JME applet but get some errors, anyone kindly help to find it out what happend ? thx in advance~

error msg :

basic: PERF: AppletExecutionRunnable - applet.init() BEGIN ; jvmLaunch dt 152675 us, pluginInit dt 339230 us, TotalTime: 491905 us

basic: 已删除进度监听程序:sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter$GrayBoxProgressListener@867e89

Exception in thread "thread applet-jmetest.awt.applet.AppletTestBoxColor-1" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.jmex.awt.applet.SimpleJMEApplet.init(SimpleJMEApplet.java:136)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission jme.checkRenderThread read)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)

at com.jme.system.DisplaySystem.<clinit>(DisplaySystem.java:156)

… 3 more

You have to sign the jar cause jME needs to have more access than the applet-sandbox actually gives.

Two options for you:

Hi!

i'm also interested in this topic as I'd likle to develop some applet games…

As I don't want my users to get a warning because of self-signed certs, I have tested the applet loader with the default sample applet (lwjgl gears) and the second time I run the applet without cleaning the cache I get an exception while checking the certificates of the cached jars…

How about buying a code signer certificate? Is it too expensive? The validity of the cert means how long you can sign code or how long the signed code will not show the warning?

Thank you

Nevertheless the use has to accept that the application should be allowed to run with "all permissions".

I'm not sure if that only is for LWJGL!? I have somehow heard that JOGL is able to run without warnings with JDK6!?

Maybe someone else knows more about this?

SimpleJMEApplet is outdated, use SimpleApplet instead.  Maybe we should mark SimpleJMEApplet as depreciated, people are getting confused a lot.