Errors on startup [Solved]

So I’ve been experiencing some errors on startup of the Jmonkey SDK.

They don’t actually stop me from running the program, but they are kind of annoying. I though I’d share them and see if anyone else gets them or knows why they are coming up.

The errors come while the SDK is loading, but before it actually opens up.

I get 3 error messages, here’s the images:

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/545490_10100263338609216_144281715_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551680_10100263338624186_1853556301_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/542327_10100263338679076_1581479785_n.jpg

Has anyone else gotten these errors? I did some searching but didn’t turn up anything quite like this.

Anyway, it doesn’t hinder my user of the program much at all, but it’s a little disconcerting.

Your graphics card or drivers do not support OpenGL 2.0 correctly, you will not be able to open or edit any models or terrain. Also make sure you update the SDK to the latest stable version.

@normen

My graphics card is supposed to support up to Opengl 4.2 or some such.

I’ve updated my graphics drivers pretty recently.

Product

GeForce GT 520

Current Installed Driver

Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time

Some of my stuff is updated to the nightly, and some is updated to the stable. Should I uninstall all the nightly stuff and then re-update only to the stable?

Get the driver from the vendor and not from Microsoft.

Edit: And you should not mix stable and nightly, best not use nightly at all when you’re just starting out.

The driver was from Nvidia, not from Windows.

I think I switched to nightly because the features I require for what I do and try to do tend to be the newer ones. I’ll try switching back to stable and see if it gets rid of those errors.

My graphics and material textures are all procedurally generated anyway so I don’t actually seem to need the features I am having trouble accessing.

I am uninstalling and reinstalling with only the stable builds.

We’ll see what this does.

Thanks for your help thus far.

remember to delete the settings when uninstalling, the manual has all info you need to make a separate app for nightly if you want to check it out from time to time.

The real error is not shown in that dialog. How come, @Normen?

@Momoko_Fan said:
The real error is not shown in that dialog. How come, @Normen?

Because the stack is in the warning sign, learn the SDK noob.

That dialog shows before the SDK even loaded, learn to noob.

@Momoko_Fan said:
That dialog shows before the SDK even loaded, learn to noob.

Its an error message, the stack can be seen in its full glory after the SDK has finished loading, which it does according to valentiinro.
@normen said:
Its an error message, the stack can be seen in its full glory after the SDK has finished loading, which it does according to valentiinro.

How do I access said stack and how do I delete the settings? I think I would have deleted them considering I completely emptied the folder jmonkey had been in, but if they are stored elsewhere...?

I still get the message after having installed jmonkey and nothing but stable builds of things.

Check the troubleshooting section of the manual.

@valentiinro said:
My graphics card is supposed to support up to Opengl 4.2 or some such.

I've updated my graphics drivers pretty recently.
Product
GeForce GT 520

I have that card, it supports OpenGL 3 and I've been running jME for a while with it (both stable and nightly) with nVidia-drivers on Linux. So HW-wise it should work but do not expect stellar performance from that card.

@jmaasing

I am not worried about the performance, but it should be able to do the simple tasks at hand.

@normen

I found the troubleshooting section and I made sure my settings were all deleted, now I am reinstalling. Wish me luck.

That didn’t help… Still getting the same bug error messages, even after I made sure to do a completely clean install.

Also troubleshooting doesn’t seem to mention how to access the information in the error messages I’m exploring.

@normen said:
the stack can be seen in its full glory after the SDK has finished loading, which it does according to valentiinro.

@jmaasing said:
I have that card, it supports OpenGL 3 and I've been running jME for a while with it (both stable and nightly) with nVidia-drivers on Linux. So HW-wise it should work but do not expect stellar performance from that card.

Here's the list of my card stats, it says OpenGL 4.2
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-520/specifications

bottom right, warning sign

Oh great, now it’s freezing when I try to start it up.

I was programming with it just fine today and now nothing.

I can’t get a break here.

Edit: After another clean install I managed to get it up and look at the stack:

1)

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Insufficient color precision

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPbufferPeerInfo.nCreate(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPbufferPeerInfo.(WindowsPbufferPeerInfo.java:47)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createPbuffer(WindowsDisplay.java:663)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Pbuffer.createPbuffer(Pbuffer.java:234)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Pbuffer.(Pbuffer.java:219)

[catch] at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.initInThread(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:82)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:145)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

2)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.loadStatsView(SceneApplication.java:190)

[catch] at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.initialize(SceneApplication.java:223)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.initInThread(AwtPanelsContext.java:131)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.access$000(AwtPanelsContext.java:17)

at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext$AwtPanelsListener.initialize(AwtPanelsContext.java:33)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.initInThread(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:96)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:145)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

3)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:113)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:147)

[catch] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Wow. So last time I reinstalled my driver I flicked it onto 16 bit color instead of 32 bit.

If the error popup said “org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Insufficient color precision” then I would have figured this out quite faster.