Exporting ”Advanced” Rigs from blender

Anybody ever tried to do it, especially exporting to the ogre format, I’m burning my way through this tutorial DVD that I bought primarily for film work, but if I can get animations with it into games I’ll do that too, I like how the rig works so far… I have had to use stretch to constraints but only for rig visuals, so that might not be a problem, but what about drivers and IKFK switches and python driven controls and even constraints that might scale bones…do they translate well to ogre animation data…my own “standard” rig uses only ik constraints but no python based switches and such, so I have no clue for now

I will test it when the rig is done, but that is still some time away

as i good remember, rig, based on limit rotation and IK worked fine for me (with exporting animations via ogre mesh).

but i don’t know what about dynamic rig in JME. i mean i don’t know if JME Rigid body use the same constrains like in blender.

about only ogre animations, i think ogre just copy vertex positions from blender so everything that work in blender, should work for animations.

i think it’s ok with IKFK and Constraints.

I used only simple rigs: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26887202/123/jme_blender/characterOgre26.zip

just make the difference between bones that deform the mesh and ik bones or helper bones. (there is a “deform” check box in blender).

then make sure none of the deforming bones are hidden when you create your animation and make sure every bone has at least one key frame.

Then it should work fine.

1 Like

Ok thank for the info…so far the underlying deform bones are completely hidden once the rigging controls are setup the head, neck, are “remotely controlled”… both the arms and legs have 3 sets of bones each the “raw bones” the actually skinned are never touched or are rather never intended to be touched… follow rotation constraints are used to decide whether to follow the ik arms/legs or fk ones and I dont expect that pattern to change.

@nehon said:
just make the difference between bones that deform the mesh and ik bones or helper bones. (there is a "deform" check box in blender).

then make sure none of the deforming bones are hidden when you create your animation and make sure every bone has at least one key frame.
Then it should work fine.

this might be what I need though anyways thanks all for he useful info, I'll get back to u if it works