Fading out a textured node

I know there have been similar posts like this one on the forums recently but I can't seem to find an answer to what I'm looking for.

I want to fade out a node (gradually make more transparent until disappearing) which has multiple children (geometries) that have textures. I have played around with blend states and alpha values in material states, all to no avail.

Can anybody help please?

did you try to use FadeInOutController?

you need this path to run the Test tho: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=10590.0

Thanks core-dump, I had a look at the FadeInOutController but it seems that only works on one Geometry object. I have a model which is made of several Geometries. Do I need to assign a FadeInOut object and controller for every child geometry?

FadeInOut() takes two nodes, so it should work for complex objects too.

I am a bit confused, what do the two nodes and one geometry represent? I just have a node that I want to gradually make invisible. Sorry for being such a newb!

Probably just use the timed life controller then:

no lights on object to fade

set a ColorRGBA reference

then just change the alpha value of that reference in the controller

Thanks, I managed to achieve what I needed by implementing my own controller that over a set period of time (in seconds) reduces the alpha value of the diffuse colour in the material state of all geometries under my node. I also set a blendstate against the node and set the render queue of the node to QUEUE_TRANSPARENT.

Thanks for the replies