(February 2019) One Game A Month (Optional theme: Arcade)

Thanks for all the feedback received in the month of January’s challenge.
For me it was great to get so many responses as I did.
I hope for the month of February there will be a little more games made.

So here goes the THEME for February:

Optional Theme: ARCADE

Make an Arcade game, either new or a clone with a twist and with a unique feel.
Here are some ideas:

• Asteroids
  • Ping Pong
  • Pac-Man
  • Snakes
  • Donkey Kong
  • etc…

The main thing to remember is to enjoy it and share!
The sooner you get the community to test the better product you will have.

ENJOY!

Hello,

First of all , sorry my poor English…

I try to made a minigame for this challenge, unfortunately it is not finished completely.
The game is a “conversion” of an old Atari 2600 game named “Battlezone”. I hope, I had not violated any license right.

download:

screenshoots:

6 Likes

Hi there @szakacstibor,

First of thanks a million for making a game this month, and here I thought no one will make or share anything for Feb. Good job!

Regarding the game, this is a very interesting idea and there is really a lot of potential.
I did like the enemy tank behavior and also liked the fact that one is limited to moving only left and right. The sound FX was also a good fit.

Nothing against your game but I would have loved to see a more polished game. I wanted this thread to be a showcase of a full development experience where you showcase the creation, problem solving and implementing of any testing feedback from the community if applicable.

Again, thank you for making this game it is really very close to the original.

The month of February was not very successful for me regarding the One game a month challenge just because I did not get time and my full time job kept me busy.
A week ago I decided to refactor one of my first games released because I had to update the google play service.
This is when I thought I will use this game as a share on this thread.

The game fits into the suggested theme “Arcade” and it is basically a version or a twist to the age old Ping Pong.
In this game instead of controlling the one paddle you actually control the ball.

Please have a go at it and let me know what you think.

Link to PC version: PixelPongV2.0.zip - Google Drive

A screenshot:
screenshot1

4 Likes

Hi all.

Here is the link to the google play store of my game Pixel Pong.

1 Like

Hi ndebruyn,

Thank you for your positive feedback.
The truth is that I didn’t plan on publishing this game, but I spent a lot of time for preparing in this month, so I decided to publish it.

I hope that this thread will continue in the future, and others will join.