FengGUI + TextLabel2D = annoying "white flash" (I'm in over my head)

Hey folks,

I'm using jME 2 and FengGUI (svn trunk).  I just started using the (very nice) TextLabel2D utility posted on this wiki page: 

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=billboard_awt_label&s[]=textlabel2d

Since I added TextLabel2D, I now get an annoying "white flash" when I click on something in a FengGUI window.  To be clear:  I don't get the flash at all if I comment-out the TextLabel2D instances, the flash only occurs when I instigate FengGUI click event, and moreover I only get the flas when the TextLabel2D widgets are on-screen.

The code for TextLabel2D is on the wiki page linked above.

Here is my code for integrating FengGUI (FengGuiState extends BasicGameState):

@Override
    public void render(float tpf) {

// set a default TextureState, this is needed to not let FengGUI inherit
        // wrong Texture coordinates and stuff.
        Texture defTex = TextureState.getDefaultTexture().createSimpleClone();
        defTex.setScale(new Vector3f(1, 1, 1));
        TextureState defaultTextureState = DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getRenderer().createTextureState();
        defaultTextureState.setTexture(defTex);
        defaultTextureState.apply();

fengGui.display();
        DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getCurrentContext().invalidateStates();

}

After more digging & trial-and-error than I'd be willing to admit to, this line of code seems to have cleared up the issue:

DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getRenderer().renderQueue();

Here is the complete render() method from my FengGuiState, for reference:

@Override
    public void render(float tpf) {

// Force jME to finish rendering lest we get a "flicker" effect from jME's ORTHO queue...
        DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getRenderer().renderQueue();

// set a default TextureState, this is needed to not let FengGUI inherit
        // wrong Texture coordinates and stuff.
        Texture defTex = TextureState.getDefaultTexture().createSimpleClone();
        defTex.setScale(new Vector3f(1, 1, 1));
        TextureState defaultTextureState = DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getRenderer().createTextureState();
        defaultTextureState.setTexture(defTex);
        defaultTextureState.apply();

fengGui.display();
        DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getCurrentContext().invalidateStates();

}

There's a lot in there that I don't fully understand, so please:  if you see something in there that's not quite right, let me know.

its hard to get fenggui and jme working together nicely.

i think its best if the fenggui stuff is rendered in a separate renderpass.

<— likes GBUI a lot…