Few questions about MonkeyWorld3d

Hey,

I'm using MonkeyWorld3D (version 3.0 alpha 1)… and I'm trying to do:

1. “realistic” water. So far, I’ve managed only to get some basic water motion up…any tips on how to make it “better” are welcome.

2. Also, you notice how the water cuts off there? I have no idea what's causing that… it changes depending on where my camera is…for instance if I look straight down, then the water goes into the terrain, but if I look up then the water goes away from the shore :confused: very strange.

3. Also, the terrain seems to have been "split up" into some colored tiles… I don't know what they are for and I'd like to deactivate it. They weren't there when I started the program, but they seem to have appeared from nowhere and I can't find any deactivating setting for it.

4. When I put texture on the terrain that texture got applied to the whole of terrain, that is it didn't tile it up but rather used that 1 image once and stretched accross the terrain. Are there no options on how to change that? :>

Thanks.

with the water I suspect its a clipping issue see it myself, as for the colors on the terrain enable lights and they should go away

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like there aren't many features in MonkeyWorld3D (v3). Is monkeyworld3d the "only way" to create terrains for jME?

a great deal of it was restructured, and is still alot be done the purpose of this release, I imagine, was to gage opinion find bugs and stuff so its still in testing. these guys have day jobs that keep them away for months at a time too :’( so it might be a whilel before you hear anything from them…unfortunately.

I really want to use jME, but I feel a bit handicapped by the lack of a proper map-editor. I'm not trying to bash MonkeyWorld3D… I think it's a great start, but it just needs that "extra punch". And it also has a superb documentation, manuals etc.

Perhaps the jME team should create a side-project of support utilities for the jME engine, like a map-editor.

I think the success of jME depends on this. :expressionless:

appel said:

I really want to use jME, but I feel a bit handicapped by the lack of a proper map-editor. I'm not trying to bash MonkeyWorld3D... I think it's a great start, but it just needs that "extra punch". And it also has a superb documentation, manuals etc.

Perhaps the jME team should create a side-project of support utilities for the jME engine, like a map-editor.

I think the success of jME depends on this. :|

If you want a map editor or "world editor" I think you should just consider another engine..that is if your not in too deep in Java code to switch.
Try www.devmaster.net theres plenty of engines, though not in Java.

JME is already a success I'd say ;)