Finding other developers (Couldn't find proper forum)

Hello, and first off: sorry to post this here - this seems to be more with the code than the development side of things.

Thanks to responses on these forums and a bit of research, I’m beginning to get some solid code under for a game I’m making, but I really do not know how or where to find other potential devs so I don’t have to make it alone, and I’d really rather not.

I figured you guys might be able to point me to a proper place, and thanks once again!

(Hopefully I can find someone to help with the physics part of things, I’m not so nearly as good at that as I am at other things)

Well this is as good a place as any other, there are developers around here. But I never saw this work out, even if developers get into contact. The reality is that in most cases somebody is supposed to implement the game idea of somebody else and not many people do that, instead people rather follow their own idea, effectively getting nowhere due to the amount of work.

@normen said: Well this is as good a place as any other, there are developers around here. But I never saw this work out, even if developers get into contact. The reality is that in most cases somebody is supposed to implement the game idea of somebody else and not many people do that, instead people rather follow their own idea, effectively getting nowhere due to the amount of work.

Hmm, so pretty much most of the time people do their own thing.

Well if this is as good a place as any, presuming there is some chance of finding someone, I might as well type out what I am working on, though it’s in it’s early stages.

Pretty much a real time strategy game based on roughly modern tech and tactics, multiplayer only at first.

The thing that’ll make it sweet is the customization of troops (gear, ai, stats) which are then combined into squads.

So pretty much everyone has a unique army to match their way of playing.

I’m not exactly an experienced game dev, but I’ll try to make this.

The customization of squads and troops seems to be the easy part, I got that down. Stuff like AI, phsyics… Nup