First Person Builder

Hi!

Here is a couple of movies of my First Person Builder application which I use mainly for interactive visualizations for architecture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-e-6C-ck4&fmt=6

This version is for a pedagical project at Malm

Very nice, looks like you did a fantastic job on those.

Looks useful to architects.

I was wondering, how do they "start" the development of a building? I mean, in the second video you were drawing some walls but I assume that an architect wants to load in some blue print which already positions the walls (fitting exactly)?

that's very impressive…

thats pretty cool…

good work!!

Is this a commercial project?

thats extremely cool

Very impressive work…

Amazing

wow  :-o

that would be a very nice level editor  :smiley:

Very Impressive!!

You have implemented SSAO?

Extremely impressed !!

:-o

Excellent job!  You should show this to the Project Wonderland folk.

Thanks all for the wonderful feedback! :slight_smile:

Simeon said:

Looks useful to architects.

I was wondering, how do they "start" the development of a building? I mean, in the second video you were drawing some walls but I assume that an architect wants to load in some blue print which already positions the walls (fitting exactly)?

The way it usually works is that I get the blueprints from the architects and make a model without the furniture which I load into my program. This is the "background model". Then, inside the program I add the furniture and other stuff that may be relevant for editing. Then I save the it and make it so the program loads that on startup.

The one where you can draw walls is made for an art institution that uses it for pedagogical projects where school-classes can build their own exhibitions.

.:emp...imm0|82:. said:

thats pretty cool..
good work!!

Is this a commercial project?

Yes, I guess so, since I'm using it for my visualization jobs.

clovis said:

Very Impressive!!

You have implemented SSAO?

No, I have to add alpha shadows manually to the models. But I just saw the SSAO stuff from mrCoder and I will definitely use it if I can.

Would you be at all interested in open-sourcing it?

Yes. I'll think more about it over the weekend.

That is an amazing program! Good job!

Wow, that's high quality work. Congratulations.

I wonder how you are working with shadows?

Thanks!

I use blender for modelling. I render lightmaps with ambient occlusion and no light sources. I do this because I need neutral looking light for the architecture models that just accentuates the spaces. Also because I don't have a lot of time when making these models.

The shadows cast by the movable models are also lightmaps. It's a simple trick using the alpha channel.

awesome stuff!

(och sjalvklart svenskt s)