FlagRush and jME 0.9

After a long hiatus from game programming I'm back, too bad for you guys :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm trying to go through the FlagRush tutorial to hopefully regain what little understanding I had of jME before and the simplegame version worked fine once I finally managed to sort out how to do the CVS/build path troubles (I think that it'd be best to replace the CVS instructions in getting started to be specific to eclipse, or at the very least update them to match winCVS beyond version 1.3, there is not a general tab anymore!!!).

So onto my current problem, when running the code from "Moving away from SimpleGame with your own App" I get this error.

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.jme.scene.Spatial.onDraw(Unknown Source)
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLRenderer.draw(Unknown Source)
   at Lesson2.render(Lesson2.java:69)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)
   at Lesson2.main(Lesson2.java:45)

I do not get this error with the Lesson3 code, I'm not able to figure out what the difference is here. On Lesson2 the window does come up and closes immediately, I can provide the full output if needed, though none of the information indicated an error.

I had this issue, there is a line missing in tutorial:

display.getRenderer().setCamera(cam);

Yep, that makes it all better, hopefully mojo will update his tutorial.

it might also be worth noting that the flagrush code is part of cvs so you debug using that :smiley:

you mean the code in the wiki?  He put it in the wiki so small updates like that can be done by the public… :slight_smile:

line is back in.