Floating character

I’ve finally managed to get a model to import to Ogre format with animations, however there’s a wee problem:

http://i.imgur.com/SgXTq.png

The character seems to be misaligned with the physics object, but I can’t work out how to fix this :frowning:

It’s basically just the walking demo code with a different mesh.

Also the chase camera loads looking at the side of him rather than behind him, not sure if it’s related… no amount of translating and rotating functions I’ve tried have resolved it yet, but I’m really just guessing :slight_smile:

Any hints would be appreciated!

a) The center of your character is at its feet, add it to a node and move it down or move the mesh in a 3d editor, the CharacterControl will move the spatial to its center

b) Make sure the character looks in z direction

@normen said:
a) The center of your character is at its feet, add it to a node and move it down or move the mesh in a 3d editor, the CharacterControl will move the spatial to its center
b) Make sure the character looks in z direction

Aha... it sounds so simple when you put it like that. Thanks I will try right away :)

Assuming I want to fix the mesh rather than the extra node work around, do you mean I should have the 0,0,0 in the middle of the mesh so that the measuring grid plane in the editor intersects the stomach? I will try that anyway :D

Yep